Saturday, January 25, 2014

A Perfect Passion by Piper Kay (Review)



Genre:
Adult, M/M Romance
Publication Date:September 19, 2013
Pages:148
Published By:  Hot Ink Press
WebsiteA Perfect Passion by Piper Kay

Piper Kay Website
My review copy: From author for honest review

Where to get:



  For Damien, passion brings ecstasy, betrayal and danger that almost cost him his life. At the lowest point in his life, he discovers that true passion and loyalty have been staring him in the face all along. There is one problem he must surmount first, Dax is straight and carries a lot of baggage. What neither of them realize is that sometimes passion can also bring healing. That is if one is brave enough to take the first step. In a perfect passion, one must be willing to take the risk.

(Goodreads)


I've never held anything against a person before, and certainly don't judge people.  I take people at face value, and accept everyone's right to be themselves.  Everyone has their own opinions and expressions, they're allowed to be who they are.  I've never understood people who do these kinds of things to another human being. - Dax
 After the uneasy way things ended between Dax and me, I'm not sure what to think.  I know I was probably out of line with what happened, but it just kind of happened.  It wasn't my plan to grope all over him like a stray cat in heat.  What was I thinking? -Damien
  I don't play the Alpha/Sub routine,  There's nothing wrong with both parties taking turns as Alpha, I find it more appealing, because both lovers get to enjoy all flavors of the rainbow.  I sound like a freaking Starburst commercial.  -Damien
  Never in a million years, could I have dreamed I would be attracted to someone so quick, especially not to a man.  I've always had an open mind about most things and situations.  My relationship with Damien is a marvelous one, we get along terrific, and I find him surprisingly sexy.  Who knew! -Dax

 
  I just did not see this one coming!  Oh yes, I read the synopsis and silly me though this was a New Adult type deal.  Though I was wrong and way off, I did enjoy this read in a way that I thought I could never.  I believe that this is a case of trying something new but keeping your eyes closed until you are already too far in to stop.  With A Perfect Passion that was only a few pages in.  Admittedly, I was curious but what I got was more than a taste of something I never would have tried but I got it with a story that called to me on every page.

  This is a story of two people jerked around by people every time they let someone get close and that is just not often.  It was also about experiencing new things and breaking the norm and the expected.  Well, at least it was to me.  Damien and Dax had a lot in common in love, except one thing: the sex that they were attracted to.  They were not playing for the same team to start but then the unexpected happens and Dax steps out of his comfort zone, tries something new.  Maybe at first I thought it was too easy, but I also know that sometimes people bury feelings for a sense of 'right.'  Though what the two had developed quickly, I kept in mind the length of the read and factored it in.  A little more time development between the two would have been nice, but I guess sometimes lust and passion take over.

  I felt to start that Damien, despite the description moved a little too fast in relationships and though I felt for the hurt that he had to endure, I also understand the importance of developing something.  When everything started and we met Dax (the pool boy) I all but drooled.  I could see why Damien found him attractive, yet I didn't see anything ever happening as Dax was straight.  However, it turns out that the power of attraction can be stronger than norms and expectations and they came together.  Their personalities seemed to fit and, once again I was curious as to how they could move that fast but it worked.  This is not saying that the pages that they filled were filled with passion because they weren't.  They both had issues that they needed to overcome and I guess in the end they overcame them because of each other.

  I am not sure if I would have picked this up knowing what it was, but I am glad I didn't know it coming in because it was a great book to open my eyes to this kind of read.  I cannot say that it will be something that I will regularly pick up but because of Kay's writing and her ability to tastefully develop a M/M story.  If you are new to this type of thing or like it and are looking for a quick pick me up this is definitely the book to consider!



Goodreads Twitter Blog Instagram Facebook Image Map

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...