Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Book Review: Ride Steady by Kristen Ashley

Ride Steady (Chaos, #3)

Genre:
Adult, Romance, Contemporary
Publication.Date  June 30th, 2015
Pages:640
Published By:  Forever
WebsiteKristen Ashley

Ride Steady on Goodreads
My review copy:e-ARC provided by the publisher in exchange for a fair and honest review. 

Where to get:


The ride of her life . . .
Once upon a time, Carissa Teodoro believed in happy endings. Money, marriage, motherhood: everything came easy---until she woke up to the ugly truth about her Prince Charming. Now a struggling, single mom and stranded by a flat tire, Carissa's pondering her mistakes when a vaguely familiar knight rides to her rescue on a ton of horsepower.

Climb on and hold tight . . .
In high school, Carson Steele was a bad boy loner who put Carissa on a pedestal where she stayed far beyond his reach. Today, he's the hard-bodied biker known only as Joker, and from the way Carissa's acting, it's clear she's falling fast. While catching her is irresistible, knowing what to do with her is a different story. A good girl like Carissa is the least likely fit with the Chaos Motorcycle Club. Too bad holding back is so damned hard. Now, as Joker's secrets are revealed and an outside threat endangers the club, Joker must decide whether to ride steady with Carissa---or ride away forever . . .

(Goodreads)


"Though, if I ever see your dad, even though I have no idea what he looks like, I won't be responsible for sending him a killing look."
There was a smile in his voice when he returned, "That you can do."
"And if he should later turn up with his car keyed, "I'll say now, it wasn't me."
"Yeah, Carrie," he answered. "It's you. It's always been you. It'll always be you. Fuckin' always."


Kristen Ashley is one of my absolute favorite authors. I have yet to read a book of hers that I do not like, and I can almost always pick up one of her books and be in the exact mood to read it. That fact holds true for Ride Steady, just like it did for Own the Wind and Fire Inside. I absolutely loved this book.

We'd seen Joker a little previously, but in this book we really get to know him. He's stubborn, and takes a while to give in and be with Carissa, but once he does it is so incredibly worth it. He's sweet and protective and I adore this man. Carissa is a kind girl trying to do the best she can for her son while her ex-husband is making life hell. Through it all, though, she was so positive and I enjoyed reading her story along with Joker's.

The romance was fantastic. First of all, Joker and Carissa are all kinds of perfect for each other. At first glance, they don't seem like it--I mean, he's a biker and she was a cheerleader in high school--but when it comes to the things that matter, they are so in sync, it was amazing. Then there's the fact that they can both be so sweet. I LOVED Joker and Carissa together. Not to mention how great Joker was with Carissa's son, Travis. MY HEART.

And it was awesome diving back into the world of Chaos. I loved seeing all the characters again and catching up with the club business. There's a certain feel to these novels that makes it feel so good to dive back in when starting the next one. It's like one big family of the best people and I enjoy it so much.

Kristen Ashley's signature writing style shined again with Ride Steady, and though this book is pretty long it didn't drag at all--especially once Joker and Carissa got together. The story was addictive and beautiful, and I never wanted it to end. Honestly. A whole bunch more of Joker and Carissa would be great. But I'll settle for seeing them in other books in the series.

Overall, Ride Steady was a fabulous addition to the Chaos series! I loved Joker and Carissa's story, and cannot wait until I can dive into the story for the next couple in the lineup--High and Millie :)




Blog Twitter Goodreads Image Map

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...