Thursday, April 9, 2015

Flirting with Love by Clara Stone (Review)

http://evie-bookish.blogspot.com/2015/04/welcome-to-indie-girl-april.html
Click the banner to go to the full schedule for Indie Girl April!



Flirting With Love (Lovelly Series Book 2)
Genre:
Young Adult, Romance, Contemporary
Publication.Date  March 6th, 2015
Pages:222
Published By:  Clara Stone
WebsiteClara Stone

Flirting with Love on Goodreads
My review copy:Review copy provided by the author in exchange for a fair and honest review.

Where to get:
http://www.amazon.com/Flirting-Love-Lovelly-Clara-Stone/dp/1502309688/ref=tmm_pap_title_0?ie=UTF8&qid=1428562343&sr=8-2    http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/flirting-with-love-clara-stone/1121344073?ean=9781502309686






Hudson and Blake Lovelly lead a charmed life—successful careers, loving family, beautiful home. Now, on the eve of their daughter’s birth, they’re counting their blessings. Life wasn’t always so generous . . .

Fifteen years ago, seventeen-year-old Blake Voss walked into Cranbrook Preparatory High to participate in the school year’s most-prestigious debate competition. She never expected to fall for the pretentious, golden-haired boy on the opposing debate team, and he never expected to be ensnared by the quick-witted prankster with a heart of gold.

Their mutual love for joking pretense soon leads them to pull their biggest prank yet--pretending to be in love. But when danger threatens, Hudson can’t conceal his growing affection. He’ll do anything to be with Blake, even if it means risking his heart to protect her.

They didn’t plan for their friendship to grow into a love story. But sometimes, all it takes is a little Hope.

This powerful companion to Forever Kinda Love tells the history of Hudson and Blake’s relationship. Laced with haunting emotion and beautiful sentiment, this is a tale about overcoming even the darkest moments, reminding us all to love more.

Give more.

Without regrets.

(Goodreads)



"What's so funny?" I ask, throwing a quick glance at her. Her smile is soft, her face relaxed in the flow from the streetlights. If making fun of me will help her smile, then I'll gladly sign up to be the ringleader of a clown act.
"You, Mr. Lovelly."
"You bet your sexy ass I am."
"All you had to do was ask, if you wanted a hug," he teases.
"You've reached King Harrington. I'm obviously not here hoping, wishing, or waiting for your call. But since you have nothing to do but worship me, leave a message. If you're important enough, I'll call you back. If not, take the fucking hint. Have a delightful day, mate."



I loved the first book in this series. Heath and Ace and their bond were amazing to witness, and I was so looking forward to what Hudson and Blake's story would bring. They seemed to have such a great relationship in book 1, so going back to see where it all began--and seeing where it IS going for them after the first book ended--sounded fun. And it certainly was. This book is sweet and cute and the perfect addition to this lovely series of lovely couples.

Before I go any farther, I just want to say that though this is a series, the books CAN be read as standalones. There are little to no spoilers for the first book in this novel, so no worries there.

But back to my thoughts...

Hudson is the oldest. He's the responsible one. So much weight is on his shoulders. It was cool getting to know his character better. Especially when we got to see the aspects in which he was something of a big baby. You know, prank wars with Blake and his love for his car and such. And seeing him fall in love... THAT was great.

I didn't know what to expect about Blake other than a serving of awesome, because she seems awesome. But her past and responsibilities are heavier than I'd anticipated, and it was incredibly interesting to learn about that. And to see her fall in love right along with Hudson. Then there's also the fact that if Blake were a living, breathing person, she and I would totally be friends. Seriously.

The story is dual POV, and it jumps between two timelines--the past, when Hudson and Blake met and fell in love, and the present, where we get to see their future unfold as they recount their story. I am always so taken by things that could be described as "the story of us." You know, where we're walked through the events that bring a couple together and we KNOW they're telling us the story after they're together, looking back fondly? I love those kinds of stories. This one delivered a sweet and beautiful romance I grew so attached to.

The entire book was sweetness personified. Honestly. I could read about Hudson and Blake forever because they're so dang adorable.

The actual PLOT isn't full of surprises, but that's not what I picked up this book for. I picked it up so I could experience a beautiful story with characters I felt connected to. And on that front, Clara Stone definitely delivered.

Overall, Flirting with Love is the perfect read for anyone looking for a book to make their heart feel happy. Cuddle up with this novel and smile your face off. Sweetness is on the horizon. And I just KNOW there will be more with the next book in the series... which will go to Harry. My dear, dear Harry. I am so looking forward to getting my hands on THAT. ;)



 Blog Twitter Goodreads Image Map

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...