Monday, August 4, 2014

Persephone (Daughers of Zeus #1) by Kaitlin Bevis Review

Genre:
Young Adult, Mythology,  Supernatural, Magic, Gods & Goddesses
Publication Date:  July 6 2012
Pages:237 pages
Published By:  Musa Publishing
WebsiteKaitlin Bevis

Persephone on Goodreads
My review copy:Bought for my Kindle :]
Where to get:






There are worse things than death, worse people too


The “talk” was bad enough, but how many teens get told that they’re a goddess? When her mom tells her, Persephone is sure her mother has lost her mind. It isn’t until Boreas, the god of winter, tries to abduct her that she realizes her mother was telling the truth. Hades rescues her, and in order to safely bring Persephone to the Underworld he marks her as his bride. But Boreas will stop at nothing to get Persephone. Despite her growing feelings for Hades, Persephone wants to return to the living realm. Persephone must find a way to defeat Boreas and reclaim her life.
(Goodreads)


The ancient Greeks didn't know why the seasons changed, so they came up with myths to explain it. Every year, on the anniversary of Oreithyia's abduction, it grows colder for the length of her captivity.
"It's Persephone." I corrected. "Kind of like Stephanie."
Did he really just expect me to go Okay, strange creepy man, I'll get in your scary chariot of death. No problem.
"When I breathed my essence into you-" I blinked, remembering the odd kiss "-it gave you the ability to enter the Underworld without dying, and return from my realm unscathed." He hesitated. "It also marked you as my bride."
"Fine. I spoke with Hestia about your history lessons, arranged for you to begin self-defense lessons with Charon-" "What?" Charon piped up from his end of the table. "When did that happen?"  "Just know," Hades said around a bite of chicken. "I'm multitasking." 
What could I possibly say to a bunch of dead people? Sorry you're dead? Abandon all hope? Welcome to hell? Good news, we've got cable?
I've been around since the beginning of time, and I've never been afraid until I met you. 



This Mermaids and Myths Month is being so good to me! Persephone was so good! I loved the characters. I loved the writing. I loved the snarky-ness. I loved the banter. I just loved it!!! I cannot wait to read Bevis' next installment of this series because I just LOVED IT!

I really loved Persephone. She is a great main character. She is witty, smart, beautiful, caring, has humanity, and a little unpredictable. I loved her witty comments and her witty thoughts to herself. I literally laughed out loud for some of them! 

Hades. Oh, Hades. I love you so much! You are brilliant. Sexy. Snarky. Keeps a woman on her toes. Smart. Sexy. Sexy. SEXY! Oh man, seriously, he is amazing! Book Boyfriend FOR SURE! He is probably one of my favorites, too! 

The writing. Done beautifully. There were a few typos, but that's expected with a Kindle book. But, Kaitlin knows what she's doing. Once I started this book, I couldn't put it down. And when I did have to put it down, I was craving and needing to pick it back up again! Especially once Persephone finds out she is a goddess. So basically, my attention was finely tuned to when Hades showed up! :] 

I just don't know what more to say. Have you ever read a book that you loved so much that when you write the review, you just can't find the perfect words? Yea, that's how Persephone is for me. I loved it. It was beautiful. It was creative. It was amazing. If you like Mythology, definitely give this book a chance!!




For more reviews, author features, discussion posts and giveaways, click on the banner to see the full MERMAIDS & MYTHS schedule!




Blog Twitter Facebook Image Map

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...