Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday: Summer Reads

Top 10 Tuesdays is a weekly meme hosted over at The Broke and The Bookish

It's  Hammock Time
I have not made much progress on my Spring 2014 TBR list. It's a sad, sad truth. Of that list, I have read a grand total of . . . nine books. Nine of 20 18 books (I decided not to read two of them for reasons). I have of course read numerous books during this time, but only nine of those that I wanted read by the last official day of spring (July 20). Though I guess considering that's three days away I still have time! Here are the books I did get read from my Spring 2014 list:
Much like my spring TBR list, I really want to finish/get caught up on series I've started before starting new ones. I may have cheated and started new series (and I have 46 of those - for real), but I hadn't realized they were series when I read them and the second books aren't coming out until sometime in 2015, so it's all good.

This is my new list, with books I want to read by September 23:

Books That Will Catch Me Up

  1. Crossing the Line, Crash Into You (which I'm currently in the middle of), and Take Me On by Katie McGarry
  2. The Barren Way by Julie Anne Nelson
  3. The Unbound by Victoria Schwab
Books That Will Finish the Series
  1. Soul Screamers Volume 4 by Rachel Vincent
  2. The Goddess Legacy and The Goddess Inheritance by Aimee Carter
  3. Smoke by Ellen Hopkins (my current audio book)
  4. Strange and Ever After by Susan Dennard (35 DAYS!!!)
  5. Ruin and Rising by Leigh Bardugo (WHICH CAME OUT TODAY!!!)

I am now at 11 books - not bad considering I nixed two and added three. On top of these I have books I've received from publishers that need to get read as well. Ah, the life of a reading book blogger!

The nice thing about summer though is I spend most of my summer outside reading in my hammock. It's the perfect amount of sun and shade mixture and Bentley can run around to his heart's desire. Plus, it's perfectly set next to a bench where I can place my glass of iced tea and not worry about crazy knocking it over.


What are some books on your Summer 2014 TBR list? Do you have a goal like me or is your list a bit more random?  Be sure to leave me a link to your list!
  
Goodreads Twitter Instagram Google Plus Image Map

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...