Saturday, December 21, 2013

Snowed In by Rachel Hawthorne (Review)


Genre:
Young Adult, Contemporary, Romance, Holiday
Publication Date:  November 27th, 2007
Pages:261
Published By:  HarperTeen
WebsiteRachel Hawthorne 

Snowed In on Goodreads
My review copy:Bought it :]
Where to get:


Well, apparently I live here now—my mom just bought the place. And named it after me, Ashleigh, which was nice. But did she know how cold it is here??


Um, it's a tiny island with not much to do, unless you really like sleigh rides. But I gotta say there are quite a few hot guys on this cold island . . .
(Goodreads)

      This book was SO CUTE! I read it in one sitting and I loved it! It read more like a short story with lesser developed characters and a bit of feeling rushed. However, that aside, it was ADORABLE! Perfect for a quick and easy read while drinking some hot beverages. Which this book definitely makes you need! Considering there is a bunch of snow, EVERY WHERE! Oh, how I wish that was my town! I LOVE SNOW!

     Speaking of snow, this book is about Ashleigh Sneaux and I really liked her as a character. She reminded me a lot of myself. A girl with daddy issues and afraid of getting hurt. So afraid that she set this rule about not having a boyfriend until she was way older. So, she would go on a few dates with one guy and move on to the next. It was an endless stream of awkward first kisses. And then she meets a guy who makes her think about him all the time. She's never done that before and this guy makes her want to throw her rule out the window.

     It starts off with Ashleigh and her mom moving from Texas to way up north to an island town on the Great Lakes, where there is a lot of snow. Her mom and dad got married young and then got a divorce so they decided they needed a change. On her first day living there, she meets a few of the kids her age who live there year round and even snags a date. I liked most of the characters. There were a couple I wasn't too fond of, but then again, you can't like everybody, right?

     This book is light and heartfelt. It was such a quick read and definitely gets you into the wintry spirit. So if you're looking for something that gives you snow and keeps your heart warm and fun to read, this book is definitely it. Even though there was no Christmas within the book, it takes place on winter break and still got me in the spirit of the Holidays!


Blog Twitter Facebook Image Map

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...