Saturday, February 2, 2013

February Read-a-Long Sign Up: Delirium by Lauren Oliver




Hello and WELCOME to the second TBR Pile Monthly Read-a-Long with Rachelia from Bookish Comforts  and Yours, truly :) 

Last month Rachelia (Bookish Comforts) & I kicked off our monthly read-a-longs, hoping that by reading books together as a community we can tackle our TBR piles this year! We’re happy to say that our first read-a-long,DIVERGENT was successful and a lot of you seemed to really enjoy it! Yay! If you haven’t gotten to post your final thoughts or link up your review, you can do so over on the wrap up discussion post.

Now I know that I'm late to the party - posting this announcement on the 3rd wasn't the plan at all - but I hope you can forgive me! Rachelia has been doing an amazing job keeping up with all the posts and announcements and I'm just so thankful for her organized self - she's irreplaceable! :) *love!!!!*

I have been even more busy than usual, due to some family-related problems that we've been dealing with, and a bunch of other stuff that happened and that's been keeping me away from blogging as much as I used to. I'm sorry, I will definitely try to get back on track, and hopefully soon!

Meanwhile! February is all about LOVE. And what better book to read to celebrate the theme of LOVE if not DELIRIUM by Lauren Oliver?! That's right, lovelies, we are going to explore the world where love is nothing more but a disease.. I'm excited - are you?!





They say that the cure for Love will make me happy and safe forever.And I've always believed them.Until now.Now everything has changed.Now, I'd rather be infected with love for the tiniest sliver of a second than live a hundred years smothered by a lie.
Lena looks forward to receiving the government-mandated cure that prevents the delirium of love and leads to a safe, predictable, and happy life, until ninety-five days before her eighteenth birthday and her treatment, when she falls in love.

Sounds good, doesn’t it?! So, don't hesitate and join our monthly read-a-Long (even if you already read the book, you can still drop by and share your thoughts with us!).

We encourage you to take pictures with the book, write about the read-a-long on your blog, invite your friends, family members and co-workers (cause WHY THE HELL NOT?! these books are EPIC!) and tweet your thoughts, favorite quotes and anything that'll pop into your head while reading using #TBRRaL hashtag!




Great news for you guys! I just heard back from the lovely Harper Collins and we've got a prize to share with the participants!!! And guess what?!?! You can win a copy of the last book in the DELIRIUM Trilogy, Requiem!!!
This contest is open INTERNATIONALLY - Harper Collins can only ship within US, but if an International participant wins, I will ship the book to them personally!

You know what to do?! Tweet your thoughts, pictures with Delirium, favorite quotes etc with the #TBRRaL hashtag and you're entered to WIN! :) 


BUTTON:



(are you excited?! I know I am!!! I've been meaning to read it for SO LONG now! And I'll finally get a chance! :) 

Discussion Schedule for FebruaryDelirium by Lauren Oliver
  • 2/17: Chapters 8-14 (hosted @ Bookish)
  • 2/27: Chapters 22-27 (hosted by @ Bookish)
Wrap-up:
  • 2/28: Favorite quotes and moments, reflections, review and a place for YOU to link up your review/thoughts! (posted at @ Bookish and @ Bookish Comforts)
Sign up for the Delirium Read-a-Long here:


1 comment:

Angie said...

I'm picking this one up from the library later this week! :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...