Friday, January 1, 2016

A Formal Introduction - Reagen

Hello friends!

As you may or may not already know, my name is Reagen, but YOU can call me Ray. I am a 23 year old College student, currently studying Political Science with a concentration in American Studies. Along side my Poli-Sci major, I am currently just finishing up my Minor in English with a concentration in Creative Writing. Reading has always been a passion of mine, I started reading a an early age, getting lost in the Forbidden Forest and wandering the halls of Hogwarts with Harry and friends. Like many young aspiring readers, I craved the entire Wizarding World.
I remember brewing tiny little potions and concoctions in the tub, out of shampoo and conditioner. To a kid with an imagination like mine, they were essentially tiny vials of Felix Felicis, or Liquid Luck. Ofcourse I would never drink my potions, that would have certainly taken a turn for the worst! My imagination has always been ever-flowing. I find myself struggling to sit still most days, or mentally combating “Wrackspurts,” vile creatures.


If I could categorize the sections of my imagination, into tiny magical tents, similar to the beautifully mysterious black & white tents of “Le Cirque De Reves,” I would. This way I could vendor tickets to the innermost reaches of my mind, and if you ask me, I'd venture that sales would be quite successful. It is through this post, magic potions and tiny tents aside, that I would like to formally introduce myself. Any book with a premise or summary that draws me in, I will instantly pick up. No matter the genre. While Fantasy has always had a special place in my heart, I do enjoy the classics such as Jane Austen's “Pride and Predjudice,” or a well-written work of Science Fiction like one of my all time favorites by Pierce Brown, “Red Rising.”



 But as I previously mentioned, as long as the tiny summary on the inside of that dust jacket, the passing word of a barista at my favorite coffee shop, or a quick synopsis from GoodReads, pulls at my intellectual heart-strings, I am sold. I am NOT a Genre-Snob. Though I will admit I am a Cover Lover. (#noshame)


 You can expect a solid, un-biased review from this bibliophile. Which brings me to my next topic. Not only will I be delivering what I like to call, Reagen-Reviews, on the latest novel or series to hit the hypothetical shelves, but I will be giving you my thoughts, recommendations, and tips on anything from book to movie adaptations, electronic accessories such as MacBook sleeves, even cosmetics! (LUSH; YES a guy can use a nice vegan facial scrub every now and then!) 


 Finally, I would like to take the time to thank each and every one of you for being so hospitable in the short time that I have been with the Bookish Lifestyle team. If you follow my Bookstagram, then you know that I respond to each and every comment, because I value conversation above everything else. I don't like to use the word “followers,” for starters that honestly just sounds creepy, and it implies that I am in a position of someone TO be followed. I could not be farther from that.




You will start to notice that I love to use the word “friend,” all technicalities aside – that's what each and every one of you are to me. Whether we have just met, or we've known one another for months, the minute we strike up a conversation we are FRIENDS. I genuinely would like to get to know all of YOU, what is YOUR favorite book? Do you re-read a book every year? If so, is there a particular season that you like to enjoy your favorite novel? Do you prefer Coffee over Tea?
I believe whole-heartedly that Books hold the power to change not only the course of our every day lives, but the strength to change the World. Now, with that in mind, let's face 2016 together and change the world! (***All photos in this post were taken by me***)



Instagram:  @Reagen.Reads
Twitter: @Reagen_Reads
E-mail: Reagenreads@gmail.com

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...