Thursday, May 1, 2014

2014 Book Blogger Summer Reading Program


Growing up, I was one of those kids who got excited about Summer Reading. I always read my book early, whether I enjoyed it or not. When my siblings got old enough, I read their summer reading, too. Now, I either creep online (that sounds bad, doesn't it) or go to the local Barnes & Noble to check out their "Summer Reading" display just so I can keep up.

My favorite it when schools have multiple options for their students to choose from. If I remember correctly, I don't think I had an option at my high school. Not that it mattered at the time, but whatever.

Hosted by Katie @ Katie's Book Blog, the 2014 Book Blogger Summer Reading Program is a way to put a dent our TBR pile and give us the feeling of being that nerdy high school student again! Well for me anyway. I may have been in the college level English courses, but I was definitely in the minority when it came to summer reading.

BBSRP runs from the beginning of May (today) until the beginning of September. Books can be published any year and be any genre, plus we get to set our own goal. It's a habit of mine to read more during the warmer months, but I have one of my best friend's wedding this summer as well as working on my own. So we'll see if I can keep up my usual amount of summer reading. For this challenge, I'm setting myself a goal of 15 books.

Here are some of then books I'm hoping to tackle:

I'll most likely be adding/changing this list as the summer goes on, but some of these books are a must. I'm still trying to catch up on my series before I start any new ones and so far I have not done great. Hopefully I can fix that this summer *fingers crossed*

Anyway . . . head on over to Katie's Book Blog and sign up for the 2014 Book Blogger Summer Reading Program.  Wish me luck!

My Progress

  1. The Edge of Falling Rebecca Serle
  2. We Are the Goldens by Dana Reinhardt
  3. Wild by Alex Mallory
  4. To All the Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han
  5. Soul Screamers Volume Two by Rachel Vincent
  6. Pushing the Limits by Katie McGarry
  7. Since You've Been Gone by Morgan Matson
  8. Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn
  9. Goddess Interrupted by Aimee Carter
  10. The Madness Underneath by Maureen Johnson
  11. Soul Screamers Volume Three by Rachel Vincent
  12. Crash Into You by Katie McGarry
  13. One Past Midnight by Jessica Shirvington
  14. Lies Beneath by Anne Greenwood Brown
  15. Ruin and Rising by Leigh Bardugo
  16. Antigoddess by Kendare Blake
  17. Winterkill by Kate A. Boorman
  18. Illusions of Fate by Kiersten White
  19. Strange and Ever After by Susan Dennard
  20. The Fall by Bethany Griffin
  21. Through the Woods by Emily Carroll
  22. The Cure for Dreaming by Cat Winters
  23. Diamonds in the Rough by Michelle Madow
  24. Ghost House by Alexandra Adornetto
  25. Smoke by Ellen Hopkins
  26. The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin
  27. The Goddess Legacy by Aimee Carter
  28. The Goddess Inheritance by Aimee Carter
  29. Ghosting by Edith Pattou
  30. The Unbound by Victora Schwab

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...