Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday: Books that will make your cry

Top 10 Tuesdays is a weekly meme hosted over at The Broke and The Bookish

This weeks topic:
Books that will make your cry

These books are ones that first pop into my head with I think "books that will make you cry." I have either read them recently or they effected my so deeply I can't think about them without my heart aching just a little bit. I terms of "crying," I went for the crying. The can't breath, my heart is being ripped out of my chest, my fiance thinks I have lost my damn mind cry.

So in no particular order, the top ten six books that will make you cry:

1) The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger. Never have I cried so hard over a book. I was a wreck for hours afterward. I must have been upset for like a week after reading this. And it happens every time I re-read it, too.

2) Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare. Never have I been so torn about by an epilogue. I wouldn't have tried too heavily if it wasn't for that. As it stands, I balled my eyes out and the boy wasn't home so I had to cuddle with my dog - not that I have an issue with that! I was still in a funk a day or two later and almost (or so he thinks) got banned from reading anymore sad books.

3) Endless by Jessica Shirvington. Jessica is on thin ice until she fix what she hath broken! (96 days)

4) The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks. I'll admit that I cry harder during the movie than I do the book. It's just something about them dying in the bed together. I can come in at the very end of this movie and I'll still cry buckets.

5) Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling. If you didn't cry over this book (or any of the books) and the death of many beloved characters, you are a monster. A cold. Hearted. Monster.

6) Boundless by Cynthia Hand. I can't go too much into this cry-fest without giving away spoilers,  but if you've read the book I'm sure you know what I'm talking about. If you were on the same "team" that I was, you know EXACTLY what I'm talking about.

Okay, no I know this last one isn't a book, but this is the ONLY piece of fiction out there that rips my heart out, stomps on it, proceeds to tear it to shreds, before putting it back together in the end - which only leads me to hyperventilating crying. Over and over and over again. Repeatedly. I kid you not, sometimes just thinking about it breaks my heart.


Please note that if you are one of those "she's dreaming" people, I will hunt you down. She isn't dreaming - she's dead! They reunited in the afterlife, heaven, whatever you want to call it! He's dead, she's dead, and they're together for all eternity!

You're turn! What are some books that made you cry buckets? Whether it was happy tears, sad tears, what books gave you ugly cry face?

  
Goodreads Twitter Instagram Google Plus Image Map

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...