Friday, May 6, 2016

Bookish Product Review: Authored Adornments (Necklace and Bracelet)


Today, I have the huge pleasure of featuring an amazing Etsy store that sells stunning book-inspired jewelry and bookmarks. I am extremely lucky to be one of the reps for this store, which means every month I get two of their gorgeous pieces for Instagram features, but because I love Julie and her creations so much, I also want to spotlight her store on the blog! 

For the month of April, I picked the Alice in Wonderland inspired vintage bracelet in bronze, and the lovely Wuthering Heights necklace. I'll talk about them in more detail below!

Without further ado, please welcome Authored Adornments!




Alice in Wonderland Bracelet 
     This is one of the prettiest vintage-looking bracelets I've seen! The bronze cuff gives this bracelet a lovely warm, classic feel and I absolutely love the ornamental accents. Inside the glass orb, there is a quote from Alice in Wonderland:
"The players all played at once without waiting for turns, quarrelling all the while, and fighting for the hedgehogs; and in a very short time the Queen was in a furious passion, and went stamping about, and shouting `Off with his head!' or `Off with her head!' about once in a minute." 
I've been wearing this bracelet on multiple occasions and haven't notice any signs of wear so far, although it did catch my clothing a couple of times ( on the swirly ornamental parts), but nothing tore or broke off, so I'm not too worried about that.
Overall, I am in love with this new piece of bookish jewelry. It's so beautiful and so nicely made, plus the "Off with her head!" quote is one of my favorite ones from Alice. 

This beautiful necklace inspired by Wuthering Heights comes in 2 styles (simple and ornate) and 2 colors (silver and bronze), and you can also pick the length of the chain when you order it (18, 20 and 24 inches).
The quote that is placed inside the glass orb is:
"Nelly, I am Heathcliff! He's always, always in my mind: not as a pleasure, any more than I am always a pleasure to myself, but as my own being."
I got the 18 inch chain length and it's perfect for me. It puts the pendant exactly where I want it to be, just underneath my collarbone.
Just like with the Alice in Wonderland bracelet, the ornate style of this necklace looks gorgeous in the bronze color, giving off a lovely vintage vibe. I often wear these two pieces of jewelry together, because they almost look like a set. Plus, I think this particular style is just perfect for Wuthering Heights. It's super elegant and classic feeling! 

In addition to an already rich assortment of bracelets, earrings, necklaces, rings and bookmarks, Julie from Authored Adornments also takes requests for specific quotes. She is amazing to work with, so don't hesitate to reach out to her via social media or the Etsy contact form.

Be sure to take advantage of my special rep code to get 10% off your purchase!
CODE: EVIEBOOKISH






About Authored Adornments:


Authored Adornments was started on a whim and has turned into so much more over the last 3 years!

Kyrsten (original owner) started the business when she was working at a little used bookstore in West Seattle. Through ups and downs, holiday rushes and maternity leave, Authored Adornments has served thousands of book-loving customers big and small!

After acquiring some Retail Accounts as big as John Green's website (www.DFTBA.com) and the Seattle Public Library, we hope to expand the jewelry line to reach far across the nation and possibly even overseas throughout 2015.

As Authored Adornments's new owner, Julie (sister to Kyrsten) takes over, new life and excitement will be put into the business! Once goals are met, we will have some Authored Adornments items at a local shop, library or bookstore near you!

Find Authored Adornments online:
 Instagram | Twitter | Etsy 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...