Saturday, October 10, 2015

Andrea's Socratic Seminar: Blogging Through Life

 
Well, it's been a while since I've written a discussion post outside of Top Ten Tuesday, but I'm feeling rather inspired.

About two weeks ago I got a new job - one that I love already. Of course, new jobs come with new experiences. Aside from having to adjust to a new schedule (I leave earlier and get home later than my previous job), I've had to figure out how to work blogging into my life with a big girl job.

At Old Job I was able to read, write, and maintain Bookish Lifestyle. That's not exactly an option at New Job. New Job involves a lot more work, focus, and attention to detail. Old Job had a lot of downtime and New Job does not. Yes, I can read during my lunch hour, but I can't exactly take time mid-day to write a review or a random post.

Even though it's only been two weeks, I'm feeling a bit stretched thin. I've definitely noticed a bit of suffering when it comes to my blogging and reading. By the time I get home from work I need to make dinner, clean up, play with the dog, pack for the next day, and (depending on the intricacy of dinner) it's already past 7:00. Sometimes I have it in me to read or blog, but sometimes I just want to sit in front of the TV and binge on mindless television. 

Blogging has never really felt like a second job until New Job started. Or would that be a third job? On top of blogging and New Job, I am a wife, a homeowner, and dog owner (who, as anyone with a four-legged friend knows, is like my kid). It's a lot, but it's life. I just need to find my balance and prioritize a bit more than in the past.

My Plum Paper Planner will be my friend now more than ever. 

Blogging is a commitment. One I enjoy and fully plan to keep on keeping on. I just need to figure how to work in it with my new commitments and schedule. (It pains me that I got Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo's on release day and I'm only on chapter four. I mean, this is a Leigh Barugo novel!)

I know I'll eventually find my groove and figure out how to balance life and blogging, but for now I could use some advice. How do you manage a full-time job, blogging / reading, and having a life? How can I blog and still stay sane? Any tips / tricks you could pass along would be greatly appreciated and welcome!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...