Friday, February 16, 2018

The Monthly Brew (February 2018)


Hello! How are you doing today? We're mid-February and that seems crazy to me. And not because I feel like time is moving fast, but I feel like this past month and a half have taken forever.

January lasted 743 days and thus far February has lasted 744. Slight exaggeration, I know. But is anyone else feeling this way? Are you falling in to the "Time is dragging" category or the "Time is flying" category?

Let's just take a break from our day. Whatever you're doing, hit the pause button, take a deep breath, grab your favorite drink, and let's chat.


What I'm doing




Being a mom. Being a wife. Being a friend. Being me.

It's easy to feel like we're getting pulled in many directions, but it's important to remind ourselves that each piece makes up who we are. The facets of our lives don't make us or's, they make us and's. And while sometimes certain aspects will have the upper hand and be more prominent, it doesn't make the other aspects less important.


What I'm watching


Masterpiece's Victoria. Season 1 of Victoria aired while I was on maternity leave last year and I watched every episode with intense interest. Season 1 takes place from 1837 when she becomes Queen at 18, to 1840 when her daughter Victoria (Vicky) is born. Season 2 picks up a month later and focuses on Victoria balancing life as reigning monarch while being a wife and mother.



What I'm reading

Tower of Dawn (Throne of Glass, #6) The Princess Bride

I'm finally getting around to reading Tower of Dawn by Sarah J. Maas. I've had the book since it came out last September. Pre-ordered it, in fact. Just for one reason or another I never got around to reading it.

Years ago, I read The Princess Bride by William Goldman and absolutely loved it. I've been meaning to reread it for a while, but after listening to As You Wish by Cary Elwes I knew I had to do it sooner rather than later. The audiobook is narrated by Rob Reiner, a producer on the movie, and he does an excellent job.

Send me your recommendations! What are you doing, watching, or reading?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...