Friday, August 11, 2017

The FIfty Bookish Questions Book Tag



The Fifty Bookish Questions Book Tag


Hello fellow bloggers and readers, it’s Friday and I felt like posting a book tag. I found this really lovely tag on the fantastic blog that is Life of a Female Bibliophile. It’s a lot of questions so I’m going to keep this short and simple! So without anymore delay – onto those fifty bookish questions.

1. What was the last book you read?
What She Knew by Gilly MacMillian

2. Was it a good one?
Yes, a bit slow in the beginning, some unnecessary back story but over all a great read.
3. What made it good?
Great character development, suspenseful a real page turner.
4. Would you recommend it to other people?
Yes, especially if you like suspense!
5. How often do you read?
Almost every single day unless I am too busy.
6. Do you like to read?
Well duh yeah! 
7.What was the last bad book you read?
Bad book? I'd have to give this to "Shadow of Night" by Deborah Harkness. I absolutely loved the first book but I've picked this second one up three times and I can't seem to get past chapter 10. I'm completely bored. 
8. What made you dislike it?
Extremely boring!!! 
9. Do you wish to be a writer?
Yes i do!! I'm a great journal writer and hope to some day have the self confidence and drive to submit some of my writings. 
10. Has any book ever influenced you greatly?
Lots of books have definitely influenced me – I couldn’t name them all here, but yes is the answer.
11. Do you read fan fiction?
No, it hasn't yet held an interest for me. 
12. Do you write fan fiction?
Nope! 
13. What’s your favorite book?
I HAVE TO PICK ONE!!! That's is impossible!! If you are an avid reader like me, I bet you couldn't pick just one either! Here are a few: 
Second Chance Summer by Morgan Matson
Summer Sisters by July Blume
The Bronze Horseman by Paulina Simons
The Truth About Air and Water by Katherine Owen
God-Shaped Hole by Tiffanie DeBartolo
Post-Traumatic Brazilian by Tamara Lyon
14. What’s your least favorite book?
I think Wuthering Heights – just didn’t click with me! I've nether understood how many can love this book and actually get through it without wanting to poke your eyes out!! Sorry, just an opinion. 
15. Do you prefer physical books or ready on a device (like a kindle)?
I do love my Kindle but physical books are much better for me.
16. When did you learn to read?
I think I learned to read at about 5 years old. 
17. What is your favorite book you had to read in school?
When I took an English literature course in my junior year of high school, we read "Pride and Prejudice" This was my first experience with this book and I was really scared of the language but I ended up devouring it and absolutely loving it as well. 
18. What is your favorite book series?
I don't usually read a lot of book series but the one I still adore is the Twilight series. 
19. Who is your favorite author?
OMG another super hard question for a book lover!! I just can't. What if I left someone out. Just nope! 
20. What is your favorite genre?
I'd have to go with contemporary fiction although I have really been getting into more suspense books lately. 
Twenty-five things us bookworms are super awesome at (4)
21. Who is your favorite character in a book series?
I'd have to go with Clay in "Thirteen Reasons Why". He is just so likable. From the very beginning, I knew he couldn't have possibly done anything wrong to Hannah. I was sure of it. He is swoon worthy in my book just for being caring and sweet. 
22. Has a book ever transported you somewhere else?
Yes, that’s what books are supposed to do.
23.Which book do you wish had a sequel?
This is a hard question to answer off the top of my head but I would say "Dear John" It ends happy enough but doesn't give a real "what happens next" chapter and that would have been nice to have. 
24. Which book do you wish DIDN'T have a sequel?
I'd definitely go with Discovery of Witches because the first book was amazing but meh for the next. 
25. How long does it take you to read a book?
It depends on how fast paced the book is and how motivated I am to read. Some days I can read a 350 page book in one sitting and some days it could take me weeks. 
26. Do you like when books become movies?
For me it would depend on the book in question-The Harry Potter books were done phenomenally but many books have been ruined by their film adaptions.  
27. Which book was ruined by its movie adaptation?
I would say Divergent on this one. I absolutely loved the series but the films just fell short of the excitement and fantasy world I was anticipating. 
28. Which movie has done a book justice?
I am going to go with the Hunger Games Trilogy. These movies were top notch in my opinion and really made the trilogy shine even more than the books in some respects. 
29. Do you read newspapers?
No, they always depress me. 
30: Do you read magazines?
Yes I like Oprah, Food Network Magazine, Cosmo, Parenting, & Book Page. 
Twenty-five things us bookworms are super awesome at (5)
31. Do you prefer newspapers or magazines?
Definitely Magazines 
32. Do you read while in bed?
Yes. All. The. Time.
33. Do you read while on the toilet?
Nope, I think that's the one place I don't read. LOL 
34. Do you read while in the car?
Yes, although I have to be careful because I suffer with car sickness which really isn’t pretty.
35. Do you read while in the bath?
Yes, although not very often. I’m not good at holding a book and taking a bath at the same time. I seem to always be nervous that the book will fall in the water. 
36. Are you a fast reader?
Yes, very fast for the most part. 
37. Are you a slow reader?
Nope
38. Where is your favorite place to read?
I love to sit under a tree at the park by my house and read. It is so peaceful. 
39. Is it hard for you to concentrate while you read?
Sometimes but it depends on what I have going on in my life. 
40.Do you need a room to be silent while you read?
No, I'm pretty good at reading with some noise as long as it's not extremely loud.

41. Who gave you your love for reading?
Even from a very young age I was taken to the library, read to and I loved to do book reviews on everything I read. 
42. What book is next on your list to read?
Little Grey Dress by Aimee Brown
43. When did you start to read chapter books?
I was in 5th grade. 
44. Who is your favorite children’s book author?
Judy Blume 
45. Which author would you most want to interview?
Jennifer Weiner 
46. Which author do you think you’d be friends with?
Sophie Kinsella 
47.What book have you reread the most?
The Truth About Air and Water by Katherine Owen & Unlike Any Other by Claudia Burgoa
48. Which books do you consider “classics”?
I'd say anything that is recognized as great literature by the masses. 
49. Which books do you think should be taught in every school?
For this one I have to say any BOOKS that will get people READING! Even books that tend to be controversial would be great because it would get discussions going and students involved. 
50. Which books should be banned from all schools?
I don't think books should be banned period!! In my opinion, all books have a purpose whether all ages should be reading them is another topic entirely.



Wow, that was a monstrous tag to complete but so much fun. Hope you enjoyed. Make sure you tag me if you decide to tackle it. You can find me on twitter at @writersdream
Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...