Thursday, December 24, 2015

Throwback Thursday Review: Vengeance by Michelle Madow

Some of you may know that I originally had my own blog, Beauty but a Funny Girl, prior to joining Bookish (now Bookish Lifestyle). I was thinking the other day about all those reviews I left behind when I transferred and thought they should get some love too - no matter how badly written and newbie they come off! So I present to you: Throwback Thursday Reviews! Every once in a while I'll post an old review from Beauty but a Funny Girl, unedited in terms of content, with the exception of any spelling or grammatical mistakes. It's definitely going to be fun and interesting to see how my tastes and writing style have changed over the years!



Series:
Transcend Time Saga #1.5
Genre:
Young Adult, Romance, Time Travel,
Publication.Date:December 8, 2011
Pages:51 (Kindle)
Published By:  Dreamscape Publishing
Website:Michelle Madow 

Vengeance on Goodreads
My review copy:
Bought

Where to get:
 http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/ready-player-one-ernest-cline/1100055635?ean=9780307887443 http://www.indiebound.org/book/9780062083265



How far would you go to get revenge? When Chelsea Givens discovered that her ex-boyfriend Drew dumped her to be with her former best friend Lizzie, she'd never felt so betrayed in her life. Then her new friend Shannon tells her she can help set things right. Chelsea's willing to listen, but what Shannon wants her to believe -- that she shared a past life with Drew -- is impossible. And what she wants her to do to get him back ... well, it's downright crazy. Could Shannon be telling the truth? And if she is, what lengths will Chelsea go if it means making Lizzie pay? Find out in Vengeance, the second part of the Transcend Time Saga.

(Goodreads)

Originally posted April 20, 2013 on Beauty but a Funny Girl

Bad, Chelsea! Bad!

All in all, there isn't too much I can say about Vengeance. This short and sweet novella is crucial to the story despite it's absence of length. (That sounds kind of snarky in my head, but it's not meant to be. I like that it was a novella and not a full length novel. Anything more than what it is would have been too much.)

Vengeance beings when Lizzie leaves Chelsea's house after attempting to apologize for what happened between them and Drew. Chelsea, obviously, is hurt and angry. She is desperate to get Drew to fall back in love with her - much like she was a the end of Remembrance - and she finds her answer through Shannon.

I pity Chelsea and I don't like her. I understand she her feelings, I don't approve of her method of dealing with the situation. Though I imagine part of the reason for this is because I know what is going to happen as a result of her actions. 

I'm glad I already had Timeless downloaded on my Kindle because I started it immediately after I finished Vengeance, which only took me about an hour to read.

I want to say more, but I can't without giving away too much plot/detail. However, I urge you not to skip this book if you've read Remembrance and are planning on reading Timeless. Yes, it's only 50-some pages, but it'll give you a little insight into Chelsea's frame of mind and a good read.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...