Sunday, January 25, 2015

The Queen of Zombie Hearts by Gena Showalter (Review)


Series:
White Rabbit Chronicles #3
Genre:
Young Adult, Zombies, Paranormal
Publication.Date:September 30, 2014
Pages:464 (hardcover)
Published By:  Harlequin Teen
Website:Gena Showalter

The Queen of Zombie Hearts on Goodreads
My review copy:
Borrowed from my local library

Where to get:



I have a plan.

We'll either destroy them for good, or they'll destroy us.

Either way, only one of us is walking away.

In the stunning conclusion to the wildly popular White Rabbit Chronicles, Alice "Ali" Bell thinks the worst is behind her. She's ready to take the next step with boyfriend Cole Holland, the leader of the zombie slayers…until Anima Industries, the agency controlling the zombies, launches a sneak attack, killing four of her friends. It's then she realizes that humans can be more dangerous than monsters…and the worst has only begun.

As the surviving slayers prepare for war, Ali discovers she, too, can control the zombies…and she isn't the girl she thought she was. She's connected to the woman responsible for killing—and turning—Cole's mother. How can their relationship endure? As secrets come to light, and more slayers are taken or killed, Ali will fight harder than ever to bring down Anima—even sacrificing her own life for those she loves.

(Goodreads)



I considered zombies the worst enemy ever to walk the earth.

I was wrong.

Humans can be more dangerous than monsters.
Me, the girl who valued truth above almost anything, lived in a tangled web of lies.
My knees knocked together. I fit my hands at her temples, my chest throbbing. Today's life lesson? One bad decision could mean a lifetime of consequences. "It didn't have to be this way," I said and closed my eyes.


I hate when my favorite book series end. Like, really really hate it. But when a series ends in such an amazing way, it makes the pain a little more bearable. The Queen of the Zombie Hearts is one of the those endings that gives me such closure and such an amazing feeling of hope.

Gena throws us into a full on war within the first few chapters. Anima attacks, slayers are missing and some are dead. Things for Ali and Cole, along with the remaining slayers, are getting more dangerous every day. They don't know Anima's plans and they're trying to recover from previous attacks while simultaneously preparing for future ones.

Ali is one of my favorite YA heroines and Cole a favorite YA boyfriend. Not only are these two individuals amazing on their own, but they're relationship is so stinking cute and strong - and it should be given all they went through in Through the Zombieglass.

There are so many plot aspects that I wish I could talk about, but I want you to be as surprised by them as I was. However, I will tell you that if you are a fan of this series, you want to read this book sooner than later. If you haven't started The White Rabbit Chronicles yet, you best get on that.

Gena is an amazing author and the way she ties all the lose ends, even ones she has introduced in this novel is nothing short of masterful. Her writing keeps you engaged in the story and flying through pages. Normally I can get distracted by outside forces (TV, Joe yelling at football, etc.), but while reading The Queen of Zombie Hearts it all just fell away.

The White Rabbit Chronicles has without a doubt earned a coveted spot on my "series I will fore sure re-read" list. With a white-hot romance, amazing characters (both main and supporting), gripping plots, and jaw dropping twists, these are books that need to visited again and again.




Goodreads Twitter Google Plus Image Map

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...