Saturday, August 23, 2014

Of Neptune by Anna Banks (Review)



Genre:
Mermaid, YA
Publication Date:May 13, 2014
Pages:336
Published By:  Feiwel & Friends
WebsiteOf Neptune on Goodreads

Anna Banks Website
My review copy:From Raincoast for an honest review in event.

Where to get:
http://www.amazon.com/Of-Neptune-The-Syrena-Legacy/dp/1250039606/ref=tmm_hrd_title_0?ie=UTF8&qid=1405999587&sr=8-1
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/of-neptune-anna-banks/1116970671?ean=9781250039606
http://www.indiebound.org/book/9781250039606
http://www.amazon.com/Neptune-Syrena-Legacy-Anna-Banks-ebook/dp/B00I6ZXONQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1405999587&sr=8-1&keywords=Of+Neptune



Emma and Galen’s kingdom and their love is threatened by long-lost Syrena in the brilliant conclusion to Anna Banks bestselling trilogy.

Emma, half human and half Syrena, and her Syrena love, Galen, need time together alone. Away from the kingdoms of Poseidon and Triton. Emma’s grandfather, the Poseidon king, suggests the two visit a small town called Neptune.

Neptune is home to both Syrena and Half-Breeds alike. But Emma and Galen didn’t sign up to be peacemakers between the ocean and the land-dwelling, freshwater Syrena. They didn’t bargain for meeting a charming Half-Breed named Reed, who can barely disguise his feelings for Emma. And they especially didn’t expect to find themselves in the middle of a power struggle that threatens not only their love but their ocean kingdoms.

In this stunning conclusion to her bestselling Syrena Legacy, Anna Banks thrills fans with more action and romance than ever.

(Goodreads)



  Yep, totally blushing.  And my mouth is dry. And my insides are goo.  And I accidentally imagine Galen wearing nothing.  Ohmysweetgoodness.
  He'd wanted to explain to her how he felt.  What an excellent job I did!  He starts off by announcing that he doesn't want to go to college and that he can barely keep his hands off her.  He groans into his fists.  Way to act like a stalker, idiot.




Stunning Finish...

  I can honestly say that I would have been content if Anna had finished this series with it just being a duology.  These books have blown my mind ever since I picked the first on up just over a year ago.  I binge read the first two in fact.  So hard not to with Anna Banks being the brain behind it all.  She just created something that I loved and the books never seemed long enough.  Reading one of these books makes you believe there is too much time in a day because it prolongs the amount of time until the next release.  However, with the conclusion to this series now read, I can happily say that Anna Banks knows how to truly end a trilogy and keep her fans happy.

  Like always the plot in this book was beyond perfect.  This is something that I have always loved about Anna Banks writing.  It's like she know exactly how to keep things interesting, without going too fast.  Within this perfect pacing is also a wonderfully drawn world where the unexpected keeps on coming up.  Just when you think that things were perfect, they are messed up again.  There is no limits to how things can change and the changes keep me on my toes.  Some things I love and others rubbed me in a manner that I didn't like so much, bit without ruining the overall love of the book.

  Emma has been such a pillar and model character throughout these books.  She was not perfect, but she was real.  In this book I really still did like her but she took a slight slip from the love I carried so strongly for her.  This is not because she suddenly became a weak character, but more because she seemed to have the inability to see the big picture.  She then made a series of bad choices, where I like to believe she hit her head or something because that is not her normal behaviour.  It also helped that in the gut of it, she was the girl I had fallen in love with to start.  No character is perfect and normally in these imperfections, I find the characters that I love.  However, if she did not smarten up soon I was prepared to start yelling my head off.

  Oh, how I love Galen and the romance between him and Emma.  He is basically drool worthy and I want to have him to myself.  He has developed a lot over the trilogy and I really felt for him in this book, but at the same time I wanted to shake him.  He is strong enough to fight normally but I was horrified to see how easy it was to walk away.  Not that anything was easy in this book, but the romance faced a turmoil like never before.  My one and only quip with this book being the added possible love interest.  I get that there had to be something to make it past but it made me want to scream and pull my hair... At an extreme moment I considered hurling the book across the room.  Although I did manage to keep myself in check, the romance in this book kicked me in the gut, but proceeded to make amens later on.

  Despite the fact I enjoyed the ending in Of Triton, I appreciated how this book tied everything together.  Anna Banks knows how to write a stunning and addictive story, and though this is the last in this trilogy I will follow her books anywhere.  Given I am a huge fan of the mermaids, but I have also become a fan of her writing in general.  This series will pull you through many emotions but at the end you will get a final sense of relief.  Not everything is perfect, but I don't believe any ending really is ever perfect.  If you haven't started this series pick it up, because you need to get to the end.






For more reviews, author features, discussion posts and giveaways, click on the banner to see the full MERMAIDS & MYTHS schedule!





Goodreads Twitter Blog Instagram Facebook Image Map
Goodreads Twitter Blog Instagram Facebook Image Map

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...