Tuesday, July 29, 2014

A Job From Hell by Jayde Scott (Review)

Genre:
Young Adult, Paranormal, Vampires, Supernatural
Publication Date:  May 1st 2011
Pages:375 pages
Published By:  Aurora Press
WebsiteJayde Scott 

A Job From Hell on Goodreads
My review copy:Bought for my Kindle :]
Where to get:





The moment Amber starts her summer job in Scotland and sets eyes upon Aidan, her fate is sealed. Summoned by an ancient bond, she can never love another. Lost in the woods one night Amber enters Aidan's deadly world when she unknowingly participates in a paranormal race and promptly wins the first prize...a prize worth killing for.

In a world of forbidden love, ancient enemies, legends and rituals, nothing is as it seems and no one can be trusted. Life will never be the same again, unless she enters the Otherworld. But to do so, Amber must die...
(Goodreads)


It's said people can sense their imminent death. Maybe they hear death's song in the wind. Or the earth stops turning for a second, mourning those who are yet to pass.
"I remember when you glued tattoos all over yourself in the hope to get the receptionist job at a tattoo parlor." "I looked ridiculous." I returned the smile. "Shame they realized my body art was fake."
Congratulations. You've just won a vacation to a big, relaxing place called a grave.
Does he ever eat? Nope. Does he sleep during the day and only comes out at night? Yep. Is he so sexy you'd sell your soul to spend just a night with him? Double-yep. What other proof do you need?
Well, it is so nice reading about Vampires again. Damn, I have missed them! I was actually really impressed with A Job From Hell. Some people said that they got a Twilight vibe from it, but I didn't. It was more than just Vampires. There were all sorts of supernatural creatures. Which, I loved. So it was nice seeing more than just Vampires. 

It all starts when Amber begins a new job and within her first week, her brother has her stealing some gems from some random shack in the middle of the woods. Low and behold she holds the first place prize in this Paranormal Race.

What can I say about Amber. Well, at times, I didn't like her. There were times that I literally wanted to punch her in the face. But then I got to know her more as the book progressed and by the end of the book, I loved her. Amber became sassy and funny. And I just loved the stuff she would spit out. Aidan, I loved. But, we all know I love dark, handsome, brooding guys! I also loved all of the secondary characters. Especially Aidan's brother and Cass! They were hilarious!

The plot during the beginning was a bit dull but it was bringing in the information that you needed for the rest of the book and the rest of the series. But once you got passed the beginning and you were like 25% in, the book never stops. And I mean that in a good way. I was glued to my Kindle the entire time! I lost sleep, because the action kept going and I didn't want to put my kindle down. Every chance I got at work, I was reading this book. It just caught me.

I cannot wait to dive into the rest of this series! The next book is mostly about Cass so I am SUPER EXCITED for that one. I loved her! :] If you like vampires or anything paranormal, definitely check this one out!

Blog Twitter Facebook Image Map

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...