Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday: Most Frustrating Characters

Top 10 Tuesdays is a weekly meme hosted over at The Broke and The Bookish

This weeks topic:
Most Frustrating Characters
It's rewind week here on Top Ten Tuesday and after perusing some of the old topics, I chose to writ about the characters I found to be terribly frustrating. Some of my options are frustrating in a tolerable way, and some in a way that I want to strangle them dead if I could.
Catherine and Heathcliff - Wuthering Heights by Emily Brontë. Why can't these two crazy kids just get over their pride and love one another. Let's be real - you love each other. In that all encompassing can't eat, can't sleep way. Stop it and just be miserable happy together.
Romeo and Juliet - Romeo and Juliet by William Shakespeare.


Scarlett O'Hara - Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell. She bugs me in the same way Catherine and Heathcliff do, only with an Ashley thrown in. He doesn't love you, Scarlett. Rhett does. He's beyond handsome, has lots a money, and is crazy in love with. Ah... too little, too late, Mrs. Butler.

Nick Gautier - The Dark-Hunter series by Sherrilyn Kenyon. I can't go into much detail without giving away a MAJOR spoiler in one of the books, but I feel for you, Nickey, I do. But this isn't you! Now stop this nonsense.

Elizabeth Bennet and Fitzwilliam Darcy - Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen. Oh how many times I wanted to yell "Just kiss already!" and then they did and all was right with the world.

Anita Blake - Anita Blake: Vampire Hunter series by Laurell K. Hamilton. Oh, Anita. She started out so bad ass. Solving paranormal murders, kicking ass, taking names, and not making excuses for anything. Once, she even killed an "immortal" creature. How bad ass is that?! And then slowly, subtly, there were less murders, less ass kicking, more men, and more sex. And then that's all there was. Sex. *sigh* It's unfortunate that Merry Gentry followed in the same footprints.

Peter Pan - Peter Pan by J.M. Barrie. There is only one reason, and one reason alone, that I find Peter Pan to be quite frustrating . . . He's never taken me to Neverland.

Ophelia - Hamlet by William Shakespeare


Anastasia Steele - 50 Shades of Grey by E.L. James. I admit that I started reading 50 Shades of Grey. I was curious about the book that was getting equal love and equal hate amongst the masses. I will also admit that I did not get very far - for many reasons. One of those being Anastasia. A college girl who doesn't own a computer, a cell phone, will not shut up about her "subconscious" and "inner goddess," and was just unbelievably obnoxious in all that she did.
 
Did you find any of these characters frustrating when you read these novels? What are some of the more frustrating characters you've encountered in your books?

  
Goodreads Twitter Instagram Google Plus Image Map

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...