Saturday, December 21, 2013

2014 Reading Challenges - Bring it on!

2014 is almost here and it's time for me to decide which reading challenges I will be participating in next year :) I browsed around and found dozens of cool challenges, and honestly, I just want to sign up for them all! But we all know that it is simply not possible. I would then probably fail  them all :) 

SO! I did some heavy thinking and I came to conclusion that I will focus on doing three things in 2014: 1) tackling my TBR Pile (books received for review / purchased that were published in 2013 and earlier, 2) catching up with my NetGalley and Edelweiss review pile and 3) finally reading some classics!

Here are the three challenges I will be participating in:

tbr Pile Reading Challenge:


Hosted here, at Bookish! -> to sign up you can click on the banner below :) (Pssst! We have prizes and read-a-longs lined up for the entire year of 2014!).


For this challenge I am aiming at:

1-10 - A Firm Handshake
11-20 - A Friendly Hug
21-30 - First Kiss
31-40 - Sweet Summer Fling <- 
41-50 - Could this be love?
50+ - Married With Children

I am going to be realistic and not get too ahead of myself this time. I think I can probably read 30-40 books from my TBR Pile in 2014. If I'll read more, well then, even better, I'll just move up a level or two! :)

Here are some books I am hoping to read for this challenge:

1) The Pledge by Kimberly Derting
2) The Body Finder by Kimberly Derting
3) Legend by Marie Lu
4) Thornhill by Kathleen Peacock
5) Longbourn by Jo Baker
6) Doctor Sleep by Stephen King
7) Untold by Sarah Rees Brennan
8) The Ocean At The End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman
9) The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan
10) The Bone Season by Samantha Shannon 

(I'll be adding books to this list as I go)

Netgalley & Edelweiss Challenge:

Hosted by Falling For YA -> click on the button to sign up!



For this challenge I am going for:

Aluminum – 5 books
Bronze – 10 books
Silver – 25 books
Gold – 50 books <-
Platinum – 75 books
Diamond– 100 books

Yes, I am going to be more ambitious with this one, as I have way too many books on my NetGalley and Edelweiss pile (*perks* of being pre-approved!). 

Here are some books I am hoping to read for this challenge:

1) The Collector of Dying Breaths by M.J. Rose
2) The Here and Now by Ann Brashares
3) Grim (Various - Anthology)
4) The Secret Diamond Sisters by Michelle Madow
5) Pieces of Me by Amber Kizer
6) Heartbeat by Elizabeth Scott
7) Plus One by Elzabeth Fama
8) Snowblind by Christopher Golden
9) The Rule of Three by Eric Walters
10) Freak of Nature by Julia Crane

(More to be added!)

Back To The Classics 2014:

I've been wanting to read some classic books for a very long time now, but never really felt motivated enough, what with all the ever-growing review pile and all... Well, it's time to change that! I'm going to finally tackle some classics in 2014!

Hosted by Books and Chocolate <- click on the button to sign up!


Here are some books I'm hoping to read for this challenge:

1) To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
2) Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte
3) Lord Of The Flies by William Golding
4) The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde
5) Dracula by Bram Stoker
6) Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov
7) The Color Purple by Alice Walker
8) Mrs. Dalloway by Virginia Woolf
9) The Pit and The Pendulum by Edgar Alan Poe

(More to be added to the list, hopefully!) 

So that's that for me :) What challenges are you participating in in 2014? Let me know! :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...