Today I have the pleasure of sharing with you a great guest post by Geoff Harbach, author of I'm With Stupid, the third book in the Stupid Fast series! In his post, Geoff Harbach talks about five stupid things he did in his life!
Five Stupid Things by Geoff Harbach
Herein is a list of five stupid things I did in my life:
1. After putting a ramp by the creek in my front yard, I rode my bike to the top of a hill, gathered as much speed as I possibly could, then jumped over the creek. I was ten-years-old. I flew way past the edge of the creek. I flew through some bushes on the side of my house. I hit the house. I shot off my bike through the picture window of my house. I landed at the foot of the couch, where my mom had been reading. She screamed and screamed. I bled a lot. I had to go to the hospital (still have scars on my hands!).
2. I stood up all my Star Wars action figures on a book-shelf and shot them with rubber bands, which was cool. I got to be a good shot. Then I accidentally shot a rubber band through the shade in the living room. I tried to shoot another rubber band through the hole in the shade. I missed several times, making more holes in the shade. I became frightened about the holes and what my mother would do to me when she found the holes. I became despondent then angry then I shot holes through all the shades in the house. I don’t know why. My mother got very angry. I was grounded and had to do bunches of extra work for over a year to pay for new shades.
3. Dragged a large piece of cardboard to Highway 81. Put on breakdancing exhibition for drivers driving on Highway 81. Got called names and also hit in side of head with rock shot out from under a truck.
4. As 8th grader, answered “yes” to two girls in a Chevy Chevette who asked me and my friend Jason if we wanted to drive out into the country somewhere to make out. Jason and I didn’t know these girls. We got in the car. We drove out into the country. There were no cell phones in the 1980s. No way to call for a ride back when they dropped us off “somewhere” in the country.
5. Let a guy named “Smiles” who had dyed black hair down to the middle of his butt pierce my ear with a stud and an apple. Infection can cause elephantitis.
Thank you so much for this wonderful guest post, Geoff!
I'm With StupidPaperback, 320 pagesPublished May 1st 2013 by Sourcebooks Fire
Felton Reinstein has never been good with stress. Which is why he's seriously freaking out. Revealing his college choice on national TV? It's a heart attack waiting to happen. Deciding on a major for the next four years of his life? Ridiculous. He barely even knows who he is outside of football. And so...he embarks on The Epic Quest to Be Meaningful.
Which leads to:
1. Mentoring a freshman called Pig Boy.
2. The state of Wisconsin hating him.
3. His track coach suspending him.
4. The funniest viral video the world has ever seen.
5. A whole new appreciation for his family, his friends, and what's really important in life.
LINKS: Goodreads | Amazon | Barnes&Noble | Indiebound
About the author:
Geoff Herbach is the author of the award winning Stupid Fast YA series. His books have been given the 2011 Cybils Award for best YA novel, selected for the Junior Library Guild, listed in the year's best by the American Library Association, the American Booksellers Association and many state library associations. In the past, he wrote the literary novel, The Miracle Letters of T. Rimberg, produced radio comedy shows and toured rock clubs telling weird stories. Geoff teaches creative writing at Minnesota State, Mankato. He lives in a log cabin with a tall wife.