Author Myra McEntire gives us some insight into Kaleb – the rebellious, gorgeous, complicated “badboy” in the Hourglass series – through music. Go ahead – read below, hit play and check it out for yourself.From Myra:“I tried to keep it spoiler free, by using code names and so forth. If you’ve read the book, you’ll get them. Links are to iTunes!”I listened to the Black Keys for the majority of the time I wrote Timepiece. I could make every single one of their songs into a story.Kaleb has some unhealthy vices …“I never thought I'd end up hereNever thought I'd be standing where I amI guess I kind of thought it would be easier than thisI guess I was wrong now one more time”… as well as a strained relationship with his dad.“Feeling so faithless, lost under the surface … every step that I make is another mistake to you”Kaleb connects with Em for a solid reason. Broken recognizes broken.An angry song, the kind you’d listen to while driving to the gym.Sadly, at the beginning of Timepiece, a life motto.When Kaleb realizes Em isn’t his …“I close up my mouthWhen you’re around nowSuffocating in doubtI can’t make a sound”I actually have a playlist called “Angry Songs” thanks to Kaleb. Here’s another.Can’t exactly put lyrics here, but it sums up Kaleb’s opinion of himself pretty accurately.Kaleb meets a certain waitress …… and realizes he might be in trouble.Oh yeah. He’s in trouble.This is a teasing, playful song, and it references Nashville. Tiger Girl brings light and life to Kaleb, and here’s a hint of it.It’s about the Mississippi. I grew up singing this!“Whenever I’m alone with youYou make me feel like I am whole again”In the truck in the rain.A song so sexy it possibly set a whole town on fire.(I suggest you buy the acoustic version, as well as the Vampire Diaries Remix. Yes, I love the Vampire Diaries. No, this is not why I used this song.)
About the author:
Myra McEntire knows the words to every R&B hit of the last decade, but since she lives in Nashville, the country music capital of America, her lyrical talents go sadly unappreciated. She’s chosen, instead, to channel her “mad word skills” into creating stories.
She’s an avid Doctor Who fan and will argue passionately about which incarnation is the best. (taken from Myra McEntire's website)
Connect with Myra:
Hourglass (Hourglass #1)One hour to rewrite the past . . .For seventeen-year-old Emerson Cole, life is about seeing what isn't there: swooning Southern Belles; soldiers long forgotten; a haunting jazz trio that vanishes in an instant. Plagued by phantoms since her parents' death, she just wants the apparitions to stop so she can be normal. She's tried everything, but the visions keep coming back.So when her well-meaning brother brings in a consultant from a secretive organization called the Hourglass, Emerson's willing to try one last cure. But meeting Michael Weaver may not only change her future, it may also change her past.Who is this dark, mysterious, sympathetic guy, barely older than Emerson herself, who seems to believe every crazy word she says? Why does an electric charge seem to run through the room whenever he's around? And why is he so insistent that he needs her help to prevent a death that never should have happened?
Timepiece (Hourglass #2)
A threat from the past could destroy the future. And the clock is ticking...Kaleb Ballard was never supposed to be able to see ripples - cracks in time. Are his powers expanding, or is something very wrong? Before he can find out, Jonathan landers, the man who tried to murder is father, reappears. Why is he back, and what, or whom, does he want?In the wake of Landers' return, the Hourglass organization is given an ultimatum. Either they find Jack and the research he's stolen on the people who might carry the time gene, or time will be altered - with devastating results for the people Kaleb loves most.Now Kaleb, Emerson, Michael, and the other Hourglass recruits have no choice but to use their unusual powers to find Landers. But where do they even start? And when? And even if they succeed, it may not be enough...
You can win a copy of Hourglass and a copy of Timepiece! Giveaway is open to US/Canada only! Please enter via Rafflecopter below!
· Wednesday, January 23rd – I Am a Reader, Not a Writer http://www.iamareader.com/
· Thursday, January 24th – Pageturners http://www.pageturnersblog.com/
· Friday, January 25th – Read, Breathe Relax http://www.readbreatherelax.com/
· Monday, January 28th – Evie Bookish http://evie-bookish.blogspot.com/
· Tuesday, January 29th – Reading Teen http://www.readingteen.net/
· Wednesday, January 30th – Cari’s Book Blog http://cariblogs.blogspot.com/
· Thursday, January 31st – YA Books Central http://www.yabookscentral.com/
· Friday, February 1st – Once Upon a Twilight http://www.onceuponatwilight.com/
· Monday, February 4th – Bookhounds http://foreveryoungadult.blogspot.com/
· Tuesday, February 5th – Luxury Reading http://luxuryreading.com/
· Wednesday, February 6th – Good Choice Reading http://www.goodchoicereading.com/
· Thursday, February 7th – I Read Banned Books http://www.jenbigheart.com/
· Friday, February 8th – All Things Urban Fantasy http://AllThingsUF.com
· Monday, February 11th - Supernatural Snark http://supernaturalsnark.blogspot.com/
· Tuesday, February 12th – 8-10 pm ET LIVE book chat on Mundie Moms http://mundiemoms.blogspot.com/