Thursday, April 12, 2012

YA Blogger Event at Random House Canada (with John Boyne, Shane Peacock, Teresa Toten and Eric Walters)


Yesterday I had the pleasure of attending an amazing invite-only YA Blogger Event organized by the fabulous Random House Canada!

After meeting up with Nicole from Nicole About Town, Wendy from A Cupcake and a Latte, Angel from Mermaid Visions, Christa from Hooked on Books, Jenn from Lost In a Great Book and Andrea from Cozy Up With a Good Read at Starbucks and chatting a bit over some delicious coffee, we headed over to Random House Canada HQ where we were later joined by Gwenny from Rants~n~Scribbles, Brenna from Ever After Esther and Liz from Midnight Bloom


A wonderful variety of snacks, fruits, hams and cheese was served and we could enjoy the yumminess while admiring the fabulous book display! Now, I don't know about the other girls, but I was pretty distracted by all the gorgeously looking novels. Book blogger at Random House Canada HQ equals kid in a candy store. 

I was absolutely shocked and delighted to learn that the wonderful John Boyne was one of the guests of honor! There's one thing you need to know about me. I am a HUGE fan of John Boyne's. I loved The Boy in Striped Pajamas, I absolutely adored Noah Barleywater Runs Away (which I reviewed back in May 2011), and I just can't tell you how excited I am for John Boyne's latest novel, The Absolutist (published April 10th by Doubleday Canada!).Yes, I FREAKED out (in a good way!). The inner me was performing the craziest happy dance ever (the actual happy dance had to wait till I got home later that night, but it DID HAPPEN. And I wasn't alone - my hubby was dancing with me, as he is a fan, too!). 

I was also totally excited to meet the fabulous writing duo: Teresa Toten and Eric Walters (the authors of The Taming), as well as the charming Shane Peacock (author of Boy Sherlock Holmes series). 

All four authors were breathtakingly fantastic, funny, very approachable and just so interesting to listen to! 
To see each of them talk about their books and writing process, please check out the videos below! 

John Boyne:

Shane Peacock:



(The last video will be uploaded later tonight, as my Internet connection refuses to cooperate at the moment! Sorry!)


After listening to each author speak about their novels, all the guests were given goodie bags containing copies of the featured books. We were also given the opportunity to get them signed! Like that wasn't wicked awesome enough, Lindsey and Pamela also prepared a stack of giveaway books for each of us to grab and take home! (*insert another happy dance here*).


John Boyne and I! 
(Wooooooohhooooooooo ^_____^)


Shane Peacock and I.
(Woooohooooooo again! ^____^)


Teresa Toten, Eric Walters and I.
(Woooooohooooooo once more! ^___^)

Toronto Bloggettes with the fabulous authors and the equally fabulous Lindsey from Random House Canada.
From the right top: Teresa Toten, Lindsey, Nicole, Sarah, Brenna, Christa, me, Liz, Andrea, Angel, Wendy.
Sitting in front: Shane Peacock and Eric Walters.
(John Boyne left early *insert sad face*).


My amazing book haul!!!!
(and let me just tell you: I LOVE THE TOTE BAG!!!)

Signed copies of:
- The Taming by Teresa Toten and Eric Walters
- Noah Barleywater Runs Away by John Boyne
- Dragon Turn by Shane Peacock



Toronto Bloggettes and Lindsey from Random House Canada!

Overall this was a wonderful evening! We all had a great time, enjoyed listening to the authors speak about their books, getting our copies signed, and mingling with the fabulous crowd. Lindsey and Pamela are just so fantastic, I seriously love them both and am so happy to finally have met them in person! I can't wait to see what phenomenal event they'll come up with next!

Thank you so much Lindsey and Pamela for organizing this awesome event and for inviting me to attend! I was absolutely honored and delighted to be there with you guys last night! <3 

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Loved your recap, Evie! Doesn't RHC throw the absolute best events?!

Midnight Bloom said...

It was awesome finally getting the chance to meet you, Evie!! ^_^

Evie said...

@Wendy Yes, yes they are!!! It was so great to be there with all of you lovely gals yesterday! I can't wait to see Lindsey and Pamela again, they're sooooooo awesome!

Thanks for stopping by cupcake! <3

Evie said...

@Liz! Right back at ya, sweets! I can't believe it took us so long to finally meet in real life! I can't wait to grab a coffee with you soon and talk about you-know-who! :D <3

Unknown said...

Why do I live where do I live? *insert sad face* That is an amazing event and I'm glad you had fun! *^^* And may I add, you looked stunning. :)

AND THAT'S A LOT OF BOOKS. *_*

<333

Amy said...

It looks like you had a great time!! It's so cool that so many of you live near each other and can get together for events. I only have one blogger friend near me. We were friends before she started her blog. There are so many bookish events in your area!! I always enjoy the recaps!! You got tons of awesome books too!!

Joanne Levy said...

So cool! Wow, looks like such a great event! And that haul is amazing.
*jealous*

SacredmOOn said...

How amazing! That looked liked sooo much fun! :D
DeAnna Schultz

Natalia Belikov said...

Oh Evie!! what an amazing Event! Im so glad you live in Toronto now so you can go to all of this awesome meetings with extraordinary authors!! =D

Enjoy your books my sweet ^.^ and OMG! that bag totally rocks!!!! =D

Linny said...

Wow that's so awesome! Especially since you got to meet one of your most favorite authors and everything. And you got a lot of great books there too. I'm so jealous! Glad you had such a great time. Thanks for sharing all the pictures and videos, very cool. :)

P.S. Did you ever get my email about the banner thingy?

Zemira said...

OMG I am so jealous. So many books.

MizMaliciouz said...

OMG! so amazing I'm so jealous I would so love to attend one of these events.

Anonymous said...

This looks like such an amazing day! I love how the snacks were laid out with the books sitting above them to gawk at. And wow, that tote bag is FABULOUS! Looks like you had a blast. Jealous face! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...