Sunday, November 6, 2011

On My Wishlist (#3)



On My Wishlist is a new feature on my blog designed to spotlight the books I'm dying to read!

Every week I'll be spotlighting 3-5 books from the top of my wishlist :D
Feel free to steal the button and join the fun!






Here's what I'm dying to read this week!



Patient Zero (Joe Ledger #1)
Paperback, 421 pages
Published March 3rd 2009
by St. Martin's Griffin

     When you have to kill the same terrorist twice in one week there's either something wrong with your world or something wrong with your skills... and there's nothing wrong with Joe Ledger's skills.  And that's both a good, and a bad thing.  It's good because he's a Baltimore detective that has just been secretly recruited by the government to lead a new taskforce created to deal with the problems that Homeland Security can't handle. This rapid response group is called the Department of Military Sciences or the DMS for short. It's bad because his first mission is to help stop a group of terrorists from releasing a dreadful bio-weapon that can turn ordinary people into zombies. The fate of the world hangs in the balance...




Paperback, 486 pages
Published March 2nd 2010
by St. Martin's Griffin

     Joe Ledger and the DMS (Department of Military Sciences) go up against two competing groups of geneticists.  One side is creating exotic transgenic monsters and genetically enhanced mercenary armies; the other is using 21st century technology to continue the Nazi Master Race program begun by Josef Mengele.  Both sides want to see the DMS destroyed, and they've drawn first blood.  Neither side is prepared for Joe Ledger as he leads Echo Team to war under a black flag





Paperback, 435 pages
Published March 29th 2011 
by St. Martin's Griffin

Saturday 09:11 Hours: A blast rocks a London hospital and thousands are dead or injured… 10:09 Hours: Joe Ledger arrives on scene to investigate.  The horror is unlike anything he has ever seen.  Compelled by grief and rage, Joe rejoins the DMS and within hours is attacked by a hit-team of assassins and sent on a suicide mission into a viral hot zone during an Ebola outbreak.  Soon Joe Ledger and the Department of Military Sciences  begin tearing down the veils of deception to uncover a vast and powerful secret society using weaponized versions of the Ten Plagues of Egypt to destabilize world economies and profit from the resulting chaos.  Millions will die unless Joe Ledger meets the this powerful new enemy on their own terms as he fights terror with terror.
So why are these books on my wish-list? I know, looking at my blog you wouldn't think that I'm big on Adult Books, but, as a matter of fact, I am. I grew up reading Stephen King, Dean Koonts, Philip K. Dick, Graham Masterton and a whole bunch of other blood-chilling authors :) After reading Jonathan Maberry's YA novels : Rot&Ruin and Dust&Decay, I feel that I have to get everything this guy wrote (and will ever write). He's simply fab! His books are not only thrilling and gripping, but also very deep in the emotional and intellectual department. I love his writing style and can't wait to get my hands on his adult books, especially Joe Ledger series!

What's on top of your wishlist these days? :D

2 comments:

Kara_Malinczak said...

I really loved the first book of this series. I own all three, but I haven't read the other two yet. Great picks!

Jessica ( frellathon ) said...

Those are all on my must read list as well.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...