Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout (Review)



Genre:
Young Adult, Supernatural, Paranormal, Sci-Fi, Aliens
Publication Date:  May 8th 2012
Pages:335 pages
Published By:  Entangled Teen
WebsiteJennifer Lynn Armentrout

Obsidian on Goodreads
My review copy:Bought for my Kindle :]

Where to get:





Starting over sucks.

When we moved to West Virginia right before my senior year, I'd pretty much resigned myself to thick accents, dodgy internet access, and a whole lot of boring... until I spotted my hot neighbor, with his looming height and eerie green eyes. Things were looking up.

And then he opened his mouth.

Daemon is infuriating. Arrogant. Stab-worthy. We do not get along. At all. But when a stranger attacks me and Daemon literally freezes time with a wave of his hand, well, something... unexpected happens. 

The hot alien living next door marks me.

You heard me. Alien. Turns out Daemon and his sister have a galaxy of enemies wanting to steal their abilities, and Daemon's touch has me lit up like the Vegas Strip. The only way I'm getting out of this alive is by sticking close to Daemon until my alien mojo fades. 

If I don't kill him first, that is.
(Goodreads)


Not being able to do anything with my review blog since moving here was like missing an arm or a leg. According to my mom, "Katy's Krazy Obsession" was my whole life. Not entirely, but it was important to me. She didn't get books the way I did.
I'd always avoided confrontation in the past, but this guy was flipping my bitch switch like nothing else.
What the heck was wrong with him? I thought people in small towns were supposed to be nice, not act like the son of Satan.
"I've always found that the most beautiful people, truly beautiful inside and out, are the ones who are quietly unaware of their effect." His eyes searched mine intently, and for a moment we stood there toe to toe. "The ones who throw their beauty around, waste what they have? Their beauty is only passing. It's just a shell hiding nothing but shadows and emptiness."
I was always able to lose myself in reading. Books were a necessary escape I always gladly jumped into headfirst.
"Remind me," he paused, drawing in a stuttered gasp, "to never piss you off again. Christ, are you secretly a ninja?"



Okay, so, why has it taken me this long to read this series?! I was missing out! All the hype around the Lux series is totally the truth. I'd be part of that hype if I had read this earlier than this past month. But oh my goodness is this series good! This was also my first crack at reading a Jennifer L. Armentrout book. Let me tell you, it's not going to be the last! I plan on reading whatever I possibly can by her, because it's good. Seriously, if you haven't picked up this series yet, what is stopping you?!

First things first, Katy, our main character, is a book blogger! Tell me how cool that is! It was really easy to relate to her considering she does what a lot of us to when blogging about books. I really loved that aspect of Katy. I also related to her on a deeper level because of what she has been through. Most of my life my father wasn't around and with Katy, her dad died from cancer a few years before the story starts. Katy is a very likable character for the most part. There were times that she was infuriating at least when it comes to the boy factor.

Speaking of boys. Daemon Black. Oh, how you have leapt to the top of my book boyfriend list! I love it! He is seriously swoony. He's dark, handsome, broody, moody, snarky, smart, arrogant, and so many other things that I am forgetting to list because I'm just imagining him in my head right now. Sexy. The chemistry that Katy and Daemon have, I LOVE! They want to rip each other's heads off but they definitely have chemistry!

Now on to the best friend. Dee. I loved her so much! She reminded me a lot of Alice from Twilight. Because she's fun, bubbly, smiley, and just a blast. I really loved the fact that there was a great friendship within this book.

Now, tell me, why haven't you picked this up yet? If you have, do you agree with me that it is such a great series? I immediately jumped into the next book after reading the last sentence in Obsidian and I have a feeling that is how it is going to be for the rest of this series! Definitely go pick this up!






Blog Twitter Facebook Image Map

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...