Sunday, June 23, 2013

TBR Read-A-Long: Hourglass by Myra McEntire - Discussion Post Three [Chapters 28-40]



Hello and WELCOME to Hourglass THIRD DISCUSSION POST!


Thank you to all who have signed up for our fifth Read-A-Long this year, I hope you guys enjoyed reading Divergent, DeliriumWill Grayson, Will Grayson and Masque Of The Red Death with us and are having just as much (or more!) fun with Hourglass! Today we'll be discussing chapters 28-40!

Before we move on to the discussion questions Rachelia and I would like to remind you that the first two discussion posts were hosted by the wonderful Rachelia over at @BookishComforts. You can find the first one HERE and the second one HERE - feel free to click over and catch up!

I'm also terribly sorry that the third discussion post is two days late! As some of you may know I am in Poland right now and I just found out that I'm pregnant! It's been pretty crazy and I just didn't get a chance to prepare the post on time: I hope you can forgive me and thank you for your patience!!!

 
“Hey, bro, do you think you can put Shorty back on her chain?"
I stepped forward with my hands on my hips, only slightly intimidated to find Kaleb almost eye level with me when he was seated and I was standing.
"First of all, no one is the boss of me but me. Secondly, if you ever reference my 'chain' again, I will kick your ass." I jabbed him hard in the chest with my finger. Possibly breaking it. "And thirdly, don't call me Shorty."
Kaleb sat silently for a second, his eyes wide as he looked at Michael. "Where did you get her? Can you get me one?"
I blew out a loud, frustrated sigh and dropped down beside Michael, who didn't even try to hide his smile. "You should probably apologize to Emerson."
"I am sorry." Kaleb grinned at me. "Sorry I didn't meet you first.”
“Aren't you just a knight in shining armor? ... Wherever do you keep your horse? And who scoops up the crap it leaves behind?”
“I had a dilemma. I could find absolutely no good reason to slap the girl standing in the kitchen doorway. And I really wanted one.”
Now, onto the discussion!

1) We learned that there are many different kinds of abilities. Time travel is just one of them. If you could have any ability you could imagine, what would you choose and why? How would you use your ability?

2) In chapter 29th Thomas asked Emerson if the way she feels about Michael has anything to do with why she's helping him, risking her own life. Emerson denied. Do you think she was being honest? Do you think she would feel the same about the whole time travelling business if  she wasn't so attracted to Michael?

3) The mysterious Jack is a big question mark. Not a rip but not exactly a time-traveller either. Any guesses who he really is and what his business with Emerson is? 

4) Enters Kaleb - hot, swoon-worthy, charming, cocky. Do you think there's a chance Emerson will fall for him? Who do you like better - Kaleb or Michael?

These are all the questions we have for you today! Please leave your answers in the comments below. Feel free to break them apart (1 comment per 1 answer!), or omit the questions you do not feel like answering! I am looking forward to discussing Hourglass with you guys! 

Meanwhile, happy reading and remember the FINAL Discussion Post for CHAPTERS 41-56 will be posted over here, @Bookish, too! 

DISCUSSION SCHEDULE
6/7: Chapters 1-12 (hosted @ Bookish Comforts)
6/14: Chapters 13-27 (hosted @ Bookish Comforts)
6/21: Chapters 28-40 (hosted @ Bookish)
6/28: Chapters 41-56 (hosted @ Bookish
Wrap Up:
6/30: Favourite quotes and moments, reflections, review and a place for YOU to link up your review/thoughts! (posted at @ Bookish and @ Bookish Comforts)
GIVEAWAY
Thanks to the lovely author, Myra McEntire, we’ve got a SIGNED copy of book #2 TIMEPIECE to give away to ONE lucky read-a-long participant! So tweet your thoughts, pictures with HOURGLASS, favourite quotes, etc. with the #TBRRaL hashtag, and comment on the discussion posts to be entered to win. Open internationally!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...