Saturday, December 10, 2016

Ask Me Anything a.k.a. Q&A with Evie [Part 1]


So, as you probably have noticed already, this book blog has been neglected lately because, you know, life. But I miss it. I miss blogging. I want to get back into blogging again and so I was looking for a way to kick start it back up. And I figured, maybe I'll do a Q&A!!? I asked my Instagram friends and followers to ask me anything, and here is the first batch of answers!



1. How many books do you own?

I don't have a photo of just the bookshelves, but here's one that should give you an idea.

Um.. not entirely sure, to be honest. I don't actually count them. Ever. The number changes practically every day, but to give you a general idea, I'd say I own about 1000 books, not counting Tori's picture books. 

I have 6 5-level bookshelves, and each level holds about 19-20 books. So that's about 600 books. I also have 2 big boxes of books in the closet, about 50 each, so that's 700. While in Poland since September, I bought/received about 50-70 books (don't even say anything). I also know, that while I am away, I got 3 orders from book outlet, with about 30 books each. And a whole lot of packages, probably with books, that I won't actually get to count until I'm back. 

So it is safe to say, that I own about 900-1000 books at the moment. 

2. How many books have your read this year so far?

Usually, it would be so easy to answer this question, but this is the first year in a long time I actually didn't join a Goodreads reading challenge. I don't know what possessed me. I didn't reach my goal the year before (I think I aimed for a 100 books in 2015), and I didn't like how that made me feel (like a failure). So I didn't set any goals for 2016. And then this whole year has been so shitty and crazy and problematic, between sickness and moving, and personal problems and being so busy with designs, I actually didn't get to read much at all.

So, how many books? Probably 15, maybe 20. Not more than that for sure. 

3. All time favourite book classic?

Anything Jane Austen. Also - Dracula, Frankenstein, Animal Farm and 1984. I also really adore Polish classics by Henryk Sienkiewicz (historical fiction). I really loved One Hundred Years of Solitude by GG Marquez

But do I have an all time favorite one? I would have to say Alice in Wonderland


4. Did you write any books yourself?

Hahaha, good one. NOPE. But thanks for thinking I was actually capable of that T___T

5. How long have you been blogging?

It's going to be 6 years next May T_T I'm a dinosaur. I remember the very beginnings of book blogging. I am so old... 


6. What got you into reading?


Probably my mom. I've always loved reading, ever since I can remember. I would always get beautiful picture books for Christmas and my mom would read to me. Then as soon as I learned how to read myself, I was always with my nose in a book.

I really got into reading while in elementary school, when I discovered the Fear Street series. I would save up my pocket money and allowance, and then run to the small bookstore across the street to buy the recently published volume. I had the whole series T___T 



And what solidified my love for books? Stephen King's stories. My aunt introduced me to IT when I was.. hmm.. I think 14. Yes, I was traumatized, but also completely hooked. Then I started reading Philip K. Dick and Clarke and discovered I really loved Science Fiction, too. 

From then on it was a snowball down the hill, my friends. 

7. What's your favorite book you've read this year?

TOP 3 of my faves this year:

        - Beast by Brie Spangler


        - Serpent King by Jeff Zentner



        - Shatter Me series by Tahereh Mafi (finally read the whole thing and OMG, you guys, I am so in love with Warner, somebody help me.



8. What's your favorite book you've ever read?


Oh boy, that's a hard one. Like, EVER ever? From adult books, it would probably be something by Stephen King and I am leaning towards his Dark Tower series. From YA.. most likely Shatter Me series (because WARNER, baby!). But that's just from the top of my head, the answer is always changing, depends on when you ask me :)


9. Favorite genre? 


I read pretty much anything, as long as it catches my fancy. That being said, I do love horror, science fiction and contemporary fiction the most (the type with issues and heavy topics, not so much the light and fluffy one). 

10. I am currently starting my own bookstagram account and blog and was wondering if you have any tips for new bloggers?

I did write a blog post about that a while back. It's a bit old, but check it out, there are photography tips etc. - here it is.


What I can to all of it at this point in time is, be yourself and just have fun with it. Don't let people tell you how you should do you, only YOU know that. 
I have more questions to answer (about 40 more), but I don't want to make this post too heavy and wordy, so I'm splitting this into a series of post - the next one will be posted sometime next week! 

Meanwhile, thanks for following me on Instagram and asking me questions! If you are curious about anything else - ask away!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...