Sign up for our 2016 TBR Pile Reading Challenge and tackle your ever growing pile of books!

Monday, May 9, 2016

The Intimidating TBR Pile Tag

I found another tag on the internet that sounded life fun to participate in so here it goes. Feel feel to join along too. This tag was created by Lindsey Rey

01. What book have you been unable to finish?



I bought All The Light We Can Not See in 2014 and I believe I have picked the book up no less than 14 times. I don't seem to be able to get past the hundredth page. I don't understand it 

because I love historical fiction and this book is supposed to be great but I just can't seem to get into it.


What book have you yet to read because...

02. ...you just haven't had the time?

Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte. This classic has been on my bookshelf for awhile now and I just haven't felt that I had the time to give it the proper read.

03. ...it's a sequel?

Although I really enjoyed Divergent, Insurgent wasn't as good and I've heard really bad things about the last book in the trilogy. I'm still a bit intrigued to see what happens in this last book but I keep putting it off and finding various excuses not to read it.

04. ...it's brand new?


The Nest.

I just got this book from the new book of the month club and I was so psyched to read it but it arrived about two weeks ago now and I have yet to pick it up. Soon.....


05. ...you read a book by the same author and didn't enjoy it?

When I read a book by an author I don't enjoy, I won't usually pick another book by them up again. I'm pretty unforgiving that way.


06. ...you're just not in the mood for it?


I want to read this book soooooo bad but I can't seem to get in the proper mood.!!


07. ...it's humongous?

After reading Ken Follett's The Fall of Giants the start of the century trilogy I was thinking I would pick up the second book right away. It's been over a year. This second book is over 800 pages. I am so scared!!!

08. ...because it was a cover buy that turned out to have poor reviews?


How gorgeous is this cover? Now you see my dilemma. I can't believe how horrible everyone thought this book was. I have read over books by this author that were really good though so I still might give it a chance. If not, at least it is some good eye candy. :)


09. What is the most intimidating book in your TBR pile?

This is by far my favorite film ever! The last line gets me every time. I've always wanted to own this book and I finally do so I should read it right? Talk about intimidating.... It is over 1000 pages. I will do it though......


What are the most intimidating books on your TBR pile and why? I'd love to chat in the comments. :)




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...