Sign up for our 2016 TBR Pile Reading Challenge and tackle your ever growing pile of books!

Friday, February 19, 2016

Feature & Follow: Why did you start blogging?

The Feature and Follow, hosted by Parajunkee of Parajunkee’s View and Alison of Alison Can Read, is the premium BLOG HOP of Book Bloggers. Running for over five years, the Feature and Follow’s goal is to promote the book blogging and author community to join together and support each other – even if it is just through a simple follow. The FF also promotes creative post options by offering interesting topics we can all talk about and comment on! Come join us.

Why did you start blogging?

That feels like a loaded question and one I can't quite put my finger on.

Back in 2012 I started my own blog, Beauty but a Funny Girl, but before that I'd tried doing the blog thing before, a few times for fun, once for school, but nothing stuck. Beauty but a Funny Girl felt different. I don't know why. It just did.

I started with writing reviews on Amazon and Goodreads, soon realizing that I loved giving my opinion on books - talking and reading, two of my favorite things!

After writing a few Amazon / Goodreads reviews I became aware of review blogs and the impact they had on those of us that are novel obsessed. Some of those blogs influenced me to read a book, some of influenced me to maybe skip one and go onto the next.

I felt (and still do) it's important for readers to be informed of what they're about to get into whether it be good or bad. There are so many good book out there, I hate spend my precious time with those not so good - as cruel as that may sound.

I remember thinking a variety of thoughts when I first started: Will I get any followers? Will I be writing for anybody or just myself? Is anybody going to read it? Will it become so popular, I can quit my full time job?

Okay, maybe that last one was wishful thinking - and still is - but then I began to look at it realistically. I wasn't out to compete, but share my opinions and insights on books I've read. To assist others in the "should I read it or shouldn't I?" dilemma. I mean, one can never be too informed, can one?

My style has since evolved in to what it is today and I'm sure it'll will continue to do so. Sometimes blogging can get overwhelming, but then I remind myself to take a breath and just enjoy the ride.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...