Sign up for our 2016 TBR Pile Reading Challenge and tackle your ever growing pile of books!

Monday, December 28, 2015

Bout of Books 15 Sign Up & Progress

I ended 2015 with having read 100 books (although there are still four days left, so who knows what the final total could be) and even I was a bit impressed with that. I want to start 2016 strong! I want to get some older books read, catch up on my series, and just read my little heart out!

And what better way to start out than with Bout of Books?

The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, August 17th and runs through Sunday, August 23rd in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 14 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. - From the Bout of Books team.

My Goal: To finish one audiobook and two books
Check back throughout the challenge where I'll update my progress. I'll also be posting updates on Twitter so check there too!

Updates / Progress

Monday, January 4
Book Loving Dog Adoring Boss Bitch

Tuesday, January 5
  • Currently Reading: The Forbidden Orchid by Sharon Biggs Waller & A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas
  • Number of pages I've read today: 18 pages of The Forbidden Orchid & two hours of 
  • A Court of Thorns and Roses
  • Books Read: 0
  • Challenge: Would You Rather, hosted by Writing My Own Fairy Tale
    • Lend books to someone who dog-ears pages or to someone who reads with cheesy Cheetos fingers? Some one who dog-ears pages. Both give make my eye twitch, but this is the lesser of two evils.
    • Be able to meet one character of your choice or meet one author of your choice? A character would be really good, but I'm not entirely sure what magic would be necessary for this, so I'm go with author of choice.
    • Never be allowed in a book store again or never be allowed in a library again? Never be allowed in a library again. I can always send my husband to get those books for me, but to never again be in a book store sounds like torture.
    • Have to choose one of your favorite characters to die in their book or have to pick one of your favorite couples to break up in their book? Okay, this is REALLY harsh. Probably favorite character to die. I've read both and while my heart breaks in both situations, I think this one would make me less angry.
    • Be required to read Twilight once a year for the rest of your life or The Scarlet Letter once a year for the rest of your life? Definitely Twilight. I enjoyed Twilight when I first read it years ago and not even my high school English teacher though The Scarlet Letter was worth reading (sorry Nathaniel) and had us watch the movie instead.

Wednesday, January 6

    Thursday, January 7

    Friday, January 8

    Saturday, January 9

    Sunday, January 10
    Yeah . . . Saturday and Sunday were not good! I wasn't feeling well Saturday and all I wanted to do was sleep and watch bad TV. I was feeling better Sunday, but it was filled with doing everything (and then some) of what I didn't get done on Saturday.

    So while I didn't get as many books read as I would have liked, I was able to read The Forbidden Orchid and finish the audiobook of A Court of Thorns and Roses. Counts for something!  :)

    No comments:

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...