I'm going to do it, guys! I'm going to catch up on my series for good this time - and maybe even binge on a few if I can. Hosted by Bea's Book Nook, Finish the Series is the perfect extra oomph I need to get this task accomplished.
- All books that are part of a continuing series qualify (i.e. Patricia Briggs' Mercy Thompson, Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum, James Patterson's Alex Cross, etc.)
- It doesn't matter if you have 1 book or 10 books in a series to complete it, it qualifies (i.e. if you only need to read one more Mercy Thompson book to complete the goal, that's fine). The goal is to complete a series from wherever you are up to until the last published book.
- The qualification period is January 1, 2016 to December 31, 2016. Books must be read during this time frame to count. Sign up is now until December 1, 2016.
- Take the button above and post about it on your blog. Use the link below to sign up and make sure you link it directly to your post about this challenge, not to the home page of your blog.
- If you don't have a blog, that's fine. Just leave a comment to sign up and tell us which series you are reading. Or you can join the Goodreads group for this challenge by clicking here.
- Each month there will be a post where you can link up your reviews. Write a review - 2 sentences or an essay, whatever works for you, but there is a minimum of 2 sentences. Not sure what to write? How about something like, "The characters were a delight but the story was slow and confusing. It was disappointing."
- Any format and length of book counts - print, audio, ebook, etc.
- You should choose the series you want to finish before the challenge begins, but it isn't necessary. It's fine to change series during the year - as long as you complete whichever series it is.
- Choose a level below.
- Level 1 (Novice series reader) - Complete 1 series.
- Level 2 (Testing the waters) - Complete 2 -4 series.
- Level 3 (Experienced) - Complete 3 - 6 series.
- Level 4 (Expert series reader) - Complete 7 or more series.
Series to Complete or Catch Up On
Below are the series I'm hoping to finish or catch up on. As I complete / catch up on the series, the cover will move down to the "Series Completed / Caught Up" banner.
Books with unreleased covers:
The Returned (The Archived #3) by Victoria Schwab *fingers crossed on a 2016 release*