Sign up for our 2016 TBR Pile Reading Challenge and tackle your ever growing pile of books!

Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Bout of Books 14 Sign Up & Progress

I am so far behind in my reading! According to Goodreads I am currently five book behind my goal. Gross, Andrea. Gross. I can tell that I've slowed down in my reading speed lately (though that just may be attributed to the fact that Joe and I are currently Netflix binging our way through Park and Recreation).


In an effort to get back on track and read all those books that keep looking at me, I've joined two separate reading challenges: Bout of Books (August 17 - August 23) and Beat the Heat Readathon (August 24 - September 6). I love that they are at two different times, but only a day apart. This tiny detail makes me so confident that I'll be able to get catch up on my reading - and maybe even surpass the goals I've set for myself.

Bout of Books


Bout of Books
The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, August 17th and runs through Sunday, August 23rd in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 14 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. - From the Bout of Books team.

This is the first time I'll be participating in Bout of Books and I'm pretty excited. I also think the fact that it starts on my birthday is a sign I should join  :)

Time Devoted To Reading: Ideally I'd like to get at least 100 pages read each day during the week and a full book on Saturday and Sunday. Doesn't sound terribly realistic for me, but I want to challenge myself. Plus, bedtimes are for wimps.


My Goals: To finish three books (and maybe get a decent way through a fourth).

Check back throughout the challenge where I'll update my progress. I'll also be posting updates on Twitter so check there too!

Updates / Progress


Monday, August 17 (Happy birthday, me!)
  • Currently Reading: Persuasion by Martina Boone
  • Number of pages I've read today: Unknown, but read first 37% of Persuasion
  • Books Read: None

Tuesday, August 18

Wednesday, August 19
 
Thursday, August 20

Friday, August 21 

Saturday, August 22

Sunday, August 23
I did it! My first Bout of Books was a success! I read 1,303 pages and four books! My goal was at least 100 pages a day and two-three books, so this is pretty neat. Now I just gotta gear myself for the Beat the Heat Readathon. Hopefully I can keep this momentum going! How did you do with your Bout the Books?

    No comments:

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...