Sign up for our 2016 TBR Pile Reading Challenge and tackle your ever growing pile of books!

Wednesday, August 5, 2015

3rd Annual Beat the Heat Readathon Sign Up & Progress

I am so far behind in my reading! According to Goodreads I am currently five book behind my goal. Gross, Andrea. Gross. I can tell that I've slowed down in my reading speed lately (though that just may be attributed to the fact that Joe and I are currently Netflix binging our way through Park and Recreation).

In an effort to get back on track and read all those books that keep looking at me, I've joined two separate reading challenges: Bout of Books (August 17 - August 23) and Beat the Heat Readathon (August 24 - September 6). I love that they are at two different times, but only a day apart. This tiny detail makes me so confident that I'll be able to get catch up on my reading - and maybe even surpass the goals I've set for myself.

Beat the Heat Readathon

The Beat the Heat Readathon runs from August 24th at 12:00 AM to September 6th at 11:59 PM. What does this readathon entail, you ask? Well, read as much or as little as you want – the main point is to READ! You set your own goal, and for two weeks you read as many books as you can/want to reach your goal!

There will be mini-challenges throughout the Readathon for participants, along with a grand prize giveaway at the end!

Sign up at Phantasmic Reads or over at Novel Heartbeat. You may join whenever you like, but to be eligible for our grand prize giveaway, you must sign up by August 28th.

To join, all you have to do is make a sign-up post – even if it’s just a “Let’s do this!” thing – and add your post URL to the linky at Phantasmic Reads or Novel Heartbeat! You can put your goals and progress (will be required for the final giveaway) in your sign-up post, or you can make it separate. Totally up to you!

In order to enter for the grand prize, you must have a post to keep track of your progress so we can see that you participated.

Follow along on Twitter and share your progress with the hashtag #BtHReadathon!

If memory serves me correctly, I believe I did this challenge last year and failed miserably.  *insert sad trumpet noises here*  Much like Bout of Books, I'm going to keep the same goals and hope it all works on perfectly:

Time Devoted To Reading: I'd like to get at least 100 pages read each day during the week and a full book on Saturday and Sunday. Doesn't sound terribly realistic for me, but I want to challenge myself. Plus, bedtimes are for wimps.

My Goals: To finish five books (and maybe get a decent way through a sixth).

Update, September 2: Since I have reached my goal of six books (yes, I'm counting the DNF books because that took up time, even if I didn't technically "finish" them), everything else is just gravy!

Check back throughout the challenge where I'll update my progress. I'll also be posting updates on Twitter so check there too!

Week One

Monday, August 24
Tuesday, August 25
Wednesday, August 26
Thursday, August 27
Friday, August 28
Saturday, August 29
Sunday, August 30
Week One Summary

So my first week didn't go great. I could've done better, I know I could've done better, but there were just a few days where I had too much going on to really be able to dedicate myself to reading or I just wasn't feeling it.

Hopefully I can get back into the grove next week!

Week Two

Check out the Beat the Heat Readathon mini-challenge here on Bookish Lifestyle: Name that Cover!

Monday, August 31
Tuesday, September 1
Wednesday, September 2
Thursday, September 3
Friday, September 4
Saturday, September 5
Sunday, September 6
Week Two Summary

Ugh. I knew this weekend was going to be rough. Saturday was filled with errands and my girlfriend's bachelorette party, so I knew I wasn't going to get a lot of reading done that day. Sunday we took Bentley to a dog park for a few hours with our neighbors, did errands we couldn't get to on Saturday, cleaned the house, and had some friends over. So while it was a fun and exciting weekend, me reading hardcore suffered. Good thing there is NOTHING going on tomorrow and all I plan to do all day is read, read, read.

Beat the Heat Readathon Summary

Overall, not too bad. I got six books read in two weeks and almost 2,000 pages. There were quite a few things going on that hindered my reading, but such as life. Also, I probably wouldn't have read this much if I wasn't try to challenge myself so it's all good.  I really enjoyed doing the Beat the Heat Readathon and here's hoping Jessi and Reanna will be hosting again next year!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...