Sign up for our 2016 TBR Pile Reading Challenge and tackle your ever growing pile of books!

Friday, May 15, 2015

Feature & Follow: Organization

The Feature & Follow is hosted by TWO hosts, Parajunkee of Parajunkee’s View and Alison of Alison Can Read. Each host will have their own Feature Blog and this way it’ll allow us to show off more new blogs!

How do you organize your books? Either at home on your bookshelves or on your reading-device, or on your bookish platform like Goodreads, Leafmarks or Booklikes

I am an organization nut! And when it comes to my books, I am no different. At home books are organized alphabetically by author, then in series order if they have one. Makes it easy for me to find books and while I think rainbow bookshelves are super pretty to look at, it would drive me insane trying to find the book I wanted!

Goodreads is pretty simple and straightforward as well. While I have numerous genre shelves, it's really the feature shelves that keep me sane in terms of what books I want to read and such. Aside from the four default feature shelves Goodreads provides (all, read, to read, currently reading), I have the following:

  • To Read Own (self-explanatory) 
  • To Read Wishlist (books I want to own)
  • To Review (any book I've gotten from a publisher or author for review purposes)
  • Did Not Finish (self-explanatory) 
I also have a "series in progress" shelf, which is not a feature shelf, to help me keep track of all the series that I'm in the middle of reading. Saves such a headache!

Tell me - how do you organize your books? You can follow us however you like, just make sure to leave me a comment below with a link to your blog so I can visit! :)


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...