Sign up for our 2016 TBR Pile Reading Challenge and tackle your ever growing pile of books!

Friday, May 8, 2015

Feature & Follow: Choosing My Next Read


The Feature & Follow is hosted by TWO hosts, Parajunkee of Parajunkee’s View and Alison of Alison Can Read. Each host will have their own Feature Blog and this way it’ll allow us to show off more new blogs!

How Do You Decide Which Books To Read?

I used to allow the random.org gods to choose for me, but in the past few months I've begun using a list. Or rather, lists: ARCs (sorted by publication date), To Read Mini (which consists of books I want to read and the ARC list). These lists are planned out in advance based on publication date of ARC, length on TBR pile, if it's the next book of a series, and the author (yes, favorite authors new releases get bumped up!).

Planning out the books in advance how allowed me to cut out that time in between of trying to figure out what to read next. The To Read Mini list usually only has about 10 books on it at a time - I try not to go too crazy - and there have been times I will abandon the list if I'm not in the mood for what's next, but I'm pretty good about sticking to it.

Tell me - how do you decide which books to read? You can follow us however you like, just make sure to leave me a comment below with a link to your blog so I can visit! :)

 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...