Welcome to my stop on the book tour for The Hockey Saint by Howard Shapiro, hosted by Jean Book Nerd! I have a guest post for your reading pleasure, but be sure to check out the tour schedule by clicking on the above banner to read reviews, interviews, and more!
Don't forget to enter the giveaway at the end!
Title: The Hockey Saint
Author: Howard Shapiro
Series: Forever Friends Trilogy #2
Release Date: October 14, 2014
Publisher: Animal Media Group
Genre: Young Adult, Sports, Graphic Novel
Find it: Goodreads | Amazon | Book Depository
The highly anticipated sequel to "The Stereoypical Freaks" and the 2nd book in the "Forever Friends" Trilogy, this is "The Hockey Saint"
Twenty-one year old Jeremiah Jacobson is the world's best hockey player, but he wasn't prepared for the frenzy and scrutiny that came with that title. Tom Leonard is an average college sophomore... just a guy trying to find his place in the world as he sorts through issues that are both very real and seemingly insurmountable.
Through a chance meeting, these two strike up an unlikely friendship. Their bond is tested when Tom discovers that his idol isn't as perfect up close as he seems from afar. With Jeremiah living a little too much in the moment and with his past catching up to him, will Tom be able to help him before it's too late?
About the author:
Website | Facebook | Twitter | Goodreads
HOWARD SHAPIRO lives in Pittsburgh, PA with his wife and two sons. The Controller for the Pittsburgh-based Visual Effects firm, Animal Inc., he has also written four children’s books and The Stereotypical Freaks will be his debut Graphic Novel. His 2008 book, Hockey Player for Life, has been the #1 downloaded children’s hockey e-book on Amazon’s Kindle chart since its arrival as an e-book in November of 2011. His, Hockey Days book was the only book featured in the December 2007 Sporting News Annual Gift Guide as a Best Buy Gift for Children. Through a corporate sponsorship program he set up (and maintains), since the 2010-11 season, both of his children’s hockey books have been given to NHL teams (over 2,500 copies to date) for use in their community and educational initiatives. Since 2006 his annual charity raffle, which he matches dollar for dollar donated, has raised funds for several hockey-related charities including the Mario Lemieux Foundation, Hockey Fights Cancer and the Keith and Lisa Primeau Scholarship Fund.
Ten Random Things About Me
10) Very loyal to a fault
9) Incredibly driven
8) I’m so glad to be writing in an era where blogging and bloggers exist. Bloggers rule!!
7) I try real hard but I am a terrible hockey player (mostly a bad skater) and a worse video gamer
6) Music inspires me to write more than other writing
5) I don’t believe in the idea of hero worship, but I still believe in having heroes
4) I could eat a whole bag of Peanut Butter M&M’s in one sitting
3) I wish my dad was still around so we could talk about random, stupid stuff like sports and movies and take road trips in which we’d argue constantly but then want to do it all over again the minute we got back home
2) I have the best mom in the world
1) Being a parent is the best thing in the world
Cheaters never prosper
Open Internationally // Ends November 12, 2014