Sign up for our 2016 TBR Pile Reading Challenge and tackle your ever growing pile of books!

Friday, October 24, 2014

Feature and Follow: Please Don't Die


The Feature & Follow is hosted by TWO hosts, Parajunkee of Parajunkee’s View and Alison of Alison Can Read. Each host will have their own Feature Blog and this way it’ll allow us to show off more new blogs!

Characters, sometimes our favorites, die during books. If you'd get to choose, who would you bring back?

The very first character that pops into my head is from a book that released in July and since it's still so new I'm not going to say the book or the character. Just know that I cried and cried and cried.

I'm going to play this week safe. I don't want to inadvertently ruin/spoil a book for someone in case they haven't read it yet. And let's be honest, telling somebody of a character's death is a pretty big spoiler.

I'm going to go with an answer I have a feeling many of us are going to choose:


I'll give J.K. Rowling Sirius and Dumbledore - maybe even Dobby - as the death of those characters essentially lit fires under everybody's asses. I can see their deaths as plot enhancers, motivations for these characters to really strengthen up and fight Voldemort and the Death Eaters.

But Freddie? Fred Weasley? No. That one I'll never understand.

If you really feel like ripping your heart out, be sure to check out this BuzzFeed article: 29 Times Tumblr Made “Harry Potter” Fans Cry All Over Again. Don't say I didn't warn you.

Which characters death do wish had never happened? You can follow us however you like, just make sure to leave me a comment below with a link to your blog so I can visit! :)

  
Goodreads Twitter Instagram Google Plus Image Map

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...