Sign up for our 2016 TBR Pile Reading Challenge and tackle your ever growing pile of books!

Friday, September 12, 2014

Feature & Follow: Those Pre-Blogging Days

The Feature & Follow is hosted by TWO hosts, Parajunkee of Parajunkee’s View and Alison of Alison Can Read. Each host will have their own Feature Blog and this way it’ll allow us to show off more new blogs!

Before blogging (dark times people!) how would you find out about new books or did you?

Can you imagine there was a time when I thought I would run out of books to read? Now, I know I'll never have that problem, but also that I won't get a chance to read all those books that I have on my numerous TBR lists.

Before blogging, I found books in various different ways. For instance, lists. I like lists. For new books I looked at the New York Times best sellers, high school summer reading (don't judge), or any of those "like this, try this" lists.

Bookstores always have those "new and noteworthy" tables that I would peruse from time to time. I also spent time looking at their discounted tables and just looking through the shelves to find new reads. Also, when I found an author I liked, I would read a lot of their novels. Like go directly to their shelves at the bookstore or library. Also, if I saw that they blurbed about a book, I'd most likely try that book too.

I joined Goodreads a few months before I started blogging and I found a few books this way though the "if you like this, try this" feature. Unfortunately I also wasn't friends with a lot of people so finding trusting reviews was a little tricker then too.

How did you find new books to read before your blogging days? Was it was easy or did you always find it a tad difficult? You can follow us however you like, just make sure to leave me a comment below with a link to your blog so I can visit! :)

Goodreads Twitter Instagram Google Plus Image Map

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...