Sign up for our 2016 TBR Pile Reading Challenge and tackle your ever growing pile of books!

Friday, May 9, 2014

Feature & Follow: Meeting Authors

The Feature & Follow is hosted by TWO hosts, Parajunkee of Parajunkee’s View and Alison of Alison Can Read. Each host will have their own Feature Blog and this way it’ll allow us to show off more new blogs!

Sherrilyn Kenyon

I've been a fan of Sherrilyn Kenyon since high school. I can devour her novels in one sitting - particularity those Dark-Hunter or The League novels. I always checked (and still do) her touring schedule to see if she is stopping anywhere near me. I never had any luck until she toured for Retribution, about three years ago. I informed my mom, who was not a fan at that time but is now, that we had to go. It was two hours away and her friend was also a fan, thanks to me, so we all went down to the signing/reading.

I totally fangirled when I met her. I didn't know what to say and started crying! Not heaving sobs crying, but I was definitely teary-eyed. According to my mother it was one of the cutest things she's ever seen. Anyway, I about died when Sherrilyn wanted to take a picture of me for her tour album on Facebook! She signed my copy of Retribution and a copy of Night Pleasures, the first book in the series and one of my favorites.

My mom also ended up winning a signed poster of the event, which she graciously had framed and gave to me for my birthday. It's hanging up in my bedroom at the moment and Joe is thrilled. (If he can have an artistic drawing of his fraternity house in the bedroom, I sure as hell can have that. Just saying.)

Dennard, Maas, Bowman, Zhang

I stumbled across Susan coming to my town (or half an hour away from it) by pure accident. I had just finished Something Strange and Deadly, loved it, and was creeping on her. I can't remember exactly how I found out about Young Adult Authors Give Back, but I thank the internet gods for getting me there. Not only that, but I only had to wait less than a week to see her!

Along with Susan, Sarah J. MaasErin Bowman, and Kat Zhang were going to be in attendance. Unfortunately, I hadn't read any of these wonderful ladies novels at the time, but I planned to buy their novels at the signing (they had stated they would have some). And just my luck - they ran out! Boo! I mean, yea for them, but boo for me. Luckily, I walked away with some awesome swag and there were signed copies at a local indie book store.

Now if they could just swing back into town so I could get all their sequels signed, that'd be super! *hint hint ladies!*

Have you ever met your favorite author - or an author that you hadn't read yet, but would soon come to love to pieces? Who was it? Did you totally fangirl like I did or were you as cool as a cucumber? Tell me all about it! You can follow us however you like, just make sure to leave me a comment below with a link to your blog so I can visit you! :)

Goodreads Twitter Instagram Google Plus Image Map

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...