Sign up for our 2016 TBR Pile Reading Challenge and tackle your ever growing pile of books!

Friday, May 23, 2014

Feature & Follow: Convincing Others to Read


The Feature & Follow is hosted by TWO hosts, Parajunkee of Parajunkee’s View and Alison of Alison Can Read. Each host will have their own Feature Blog and this way it’ll allow us to show off more new blogs!

Read It, Love It

I'm always pushing people to read books - especially those that I love. Aside from pushing my reads on you guys, I push them on my family and friends. My brother went through a reading spurt and I gave him suggestions, but it ended as soon as it began. My friend Katleyn is an avid reader and a few weeks ago I gave her a ginormous list of books to read. I'm sure that was pretty overwhelming. Of course every one in a while I'll text her with another book she should read, so I bet she regrets asking me for suggestions  :)

My biggest success was with my mother and getting her to read Sherrilyn Kenyon's Dark-Hunter novels. It was so fun last year when Styxx came out. I blocked out the whole weekend to read that 836 page sucker and my mom, who doesn't read as much as I do, was so far behind. But it was amazing giving her teasers and tormenting her with what I knew. When she (finally) finished though, it was so much fun to discuss everything!

Have you ever gotten your friends or family members (that are non-bloggers) to read a series? Did it work or was it a failure? Tell me all about it! You can follow us however you like, just make sure to leave me a comment below with a link to your blog so I can visit! :)

  
Goodreads Twitter Instagram Google Plus Image Map

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...