Sign up for our 2016 TBR Pile Reading Challenge and tackle your ever growing pile of books!

Friday, April 11, 2014

Feature & Follow: A Book I Didn't Like


The Feature & Follow is hosted by TWO hosts, Parajunkee of Parajunkee’s View and Alison of Alison Can Read. Each host will have their own Feature Blog and this way it’ll allow us to show off more new blogs!

The End of a Love
I picked a book I haven't reviewed, because it would be too easy to just give you a link and I've already given my reasons not to read it.

Blood Noir by Laurell K. Hamilton was the beginning of the end for me for the Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter series. Skin Trade was the end.  This series was my first adult series and I absolutely loved it. Anita was a great heroine - snarky, badass, did what needed to get done, hell she even killed an immortal being once!

Then slowly, very slowly, that books started having numerous sex scenes. Now I'm not a prude by any stretch of the imagination, but these scenes would go on for pages and pages. It would end only to have a new one start up a few more pages into the plot. To me it felt like sex, sex, sex, plot, sex, sex, sex.

It was Blood Noir where I just about had enough, but decided to give the series on more shot - after all it was a favorite and I'd re-read some of the earlier books. After Skin Trade I knew I was done. I've heard the last few books have gotten better, but I just don't know if I have it in me. Laurell is a master story teller and I found myself to be engrossed in her novels in a way I had not yet experienced. But after sometime, the books become more erotic fiction than anything else and those kind of novels are not to my personal taste.

 

What about you? Have you read anything from the Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter series? Are you still reading it or did you stop reading it for the same reasons I did? Did you stop, but then pick it back up a few years later? What book have you read that you recommend I stay away from? You can follow me however you like, just make sure to leave me a comment below with a link to your blog, so I can visit and return the favor! :)

  
Goodreads Twitter Instagram Google Plus Image Map

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...