Sign up for our 2016 TBR Pile Reading Challenge and tackle your ever growing pile of books!

Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Best Couples of 2013


Hosted by Rachel from Fiktshun, Lisa from A Life Bound By Books, Jessica from Confessions of a Bookaholic, Jaime from Two Chicks on Books and Mindy from Magical Urban Fantasy Reads, the Top 10 of 2013 runs for five consecutive days and highlights some of our favorite reads throughout the year.

Today, we've each picked at least one book that has the Best Couples of 2013 (from books read in 2013).


I think that this is probably the hardest one to actually pick.  There are so many triangles going on that drive me nuts because the coupling that could go on would be amazing and then the times there isn't one, well it makes it hard to pick.  I love romance and all the feels that come with it but really had a hard time with this! So here is go...


  • Yara and Treygan from The Sea Monster Memoirs by Karen Hooper are always topping my list.  These two are made for each other and though they are opposites in many ways, they are perfect for each other in more.  They don't have a third wheel complicating things and 
  • P.J. & Khol from P.J Stones Gates Trilogy by D.T. Dyllin rocked my world this year.  Before now I was not a team Khol member any means, then book three happened and blew my mind.  I honestly did not believe that I could be Team Khol but Dara ROCKED it and had me wondering how I could have ever thought anyone else could be a better partner for P.J.  These two work in so many ways and I love them so much!!!





I am a romantic a heart. I can't help it. I'm also one of those annoying people who love love! That being the case, I'm all about an amazing relationship between two amazing characters.
  • Violet and Lincoln, Violet and Phoenix from The Violet Eden Chapters by Jessica Shirvington are definitely awesome couples! I know that this is two sides of a love triagnle, and neither of them are "technically" couple, but this is my list and I do what I want. I was all about Phoenix in the beginning of the series, but as we progressed, Lincoln grew on me. Now, I'm both Team Phoenix and Team Lincoln.
  • Eleanor and Daniel from Something Strange and Deadly series by Susan Dennard are just beyond perfect. They have that slow burn relationship, where you know they have feelings for each other but have yet to act on it. A kiss here and there does not count! When these two are together though, I'm just so hopeful and excited! Ugh, something good better happen with these two in Strange and Ever After.
Honorable Mentions:

Daemon and Katy from Origin by Jennifer L. Armentrout have been through so much but I never ever grow tired of seeing them together. They make a fan-freaking-tastic couple and I'm going to miss them so much after Opposition. But for now they're being all cute and interesting in Origin. It helps a bunch that this one was dual POV so we got both of their thoughts--which means we got to be inside Daemon's brain as he did everything he could, and just...I could go on about this forever. So I'll stop there. GOODNESS, I LOVE. Yeah. I love.

Ezra and Lily from King Hall by Scarlett Dawn aren't even an official couple yet and I still love when these two are together. I have a huge crush on Ezra and I actually like Lily. And when these two are together...I could read that forever. Can't wait to see them again in King Cave! And I hope they become an ACTUAL couple. ;) 

Mac & Abby of The Memory of You by Laurie Kellog. He didn't remember her but was some how still drawn to her. She couldn't forget him but thought he was all but gone.

Brandis and Blair from Good Faith by Liz Crowne knew each other from birth. Brandis always ran to Blair when his parents seemed to be too much. Even though she knew she never stood a chance with athlete and golden boy Brandis, Blair couldn't help herself.

Scarlet and Wolf from Scarlet by Marissa Meyer are so good together!! I love them so much together! I wasn't sure about Wolf at the beginning of the book, but he redeemed himself!

Tris and Four from Divergent by Veronica Roth. AHHH!! I love them!!! I don't even know what to say other than I love them so much!!!


What were some of your FAVORITE book couples this year? Leave us a comment and share your most memorable loves - we love recommendations! :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...