Sign up for our 2016 TBR Pile Reading Challenge and tackle your ever growing pile of books!

Wednesday, October 23, 2013

The Edge of Never by J.A. Redmerski

New Adult
Publication.Date  March 12th 2013
Published By:  Forever
WebsiteJessica Redmerski

The Edge of Never Goodreads
My review copy:Net Galley

                                     Where to get:

Sometimes life takes you off course . . . 


Twenty-year-old Camryn Bennett thought she knew exactly where her life was going. But after a wild night at the hottest club in downtown Raleigh, North Carolina, she shocks everyone-including herself-when she decides to leave the only life she's ever known and set out on her own. Grabbing her purse and her cell phone, Camryn boards a Greyhound bus ready to find herself. Instead, she finds Andrew Parrish.

Sexy and exciting, Andrew lives life like there is no tomorrow. He persuades Camryn to do things she never thought she would and shows her how to give in to her deepest, most forbidden desires. Soon he becomes the center of her daring new life, pulling love and lust and emotion out of her in ways she never imagined possible. But there is more to Andrew than Camryn realizes. Will his secret push them inseparably together-or destroy them forever?

“Heart always wins out over the mind. The heart, although reckless and suicidal and a masochist all on its own, always gets its way."
“I hate to say it, but shit really does happen. You just have to get over it. Beat the hell out of it by doing things that make you happy."
“Just that dwelling and planning is bullshit, you dwell on the past, you can’t move forward. Spend too much time planning for the future and you just push yourself backwards, or you stay stagnant in the same place all your life. Live in the moment, where everything is just right, take your time and limit your bad memories and you’ll get wherever it is you’re going a lot faster and with less bumps in the road along the way."

         Can I just say WOW....I have read love stories. I have read romance novels. I don't believe I was EVER so amazed by a book In.My.Whole.Life. Honestly, I put this book down after devouring every single page and I was speechless. Camryn is tired of living up to the expectations of others. She hops on a bus with no clue where she's headed or where she'll end up. She's unattached and set on never falling in love again...and then Andrew Parrish steps on the bus.

"It's a blatant fact: Andrew Parrish and I were meant to meet on that bus in Kansas. Coincidence is just the conformist term for fate."

"And then I met you...and it was like something just went off in my head, or it woke up, I-I don't know but...but I knew that whatever it was, it was right. It fit. You fit."

I don't even know where to begin with these two. Their story just completely amazed me. It broke my heart and put me back together again. It took me on a journey that I never wanted to end. I could have read about Cam and Andrew forever. The writing drew me in from the very start and it still hasn't let me go. The Edge of Never will be with me for a very long time to come.

It's a slow build at first, but it's so worth it because once it gets going it just doesn't stop. I had a big goofy smile plastered on my face for most of this book and then I was crying my eyes out, sad and happy tears. It was an emotional read but so, so amazing. I felt like I was in that car with Camryn and Andrew; falling in love, singing Hotel California at the top of my lungs, sharing every experience with them. These characters were just so lovable and had something about them that was just so endearing. I was rooting for them from the very start. It was SO refreshing to have a female character who actually acknowledged how she was feeling instead of lying and avoiding what was right in front of her. Even if she did need a little nudging from Andrew. And Andrew Parrish ::sigh:: There are just no words. He is, without a doubt, one of my favorite male characters. I loved everything about him. The way he encouraged Cam at every turn, his singing, his silly/sexy comments, I could go on and on...

The Edge of Never is a MUST READ. It was absolutely perfect in every way a book is supposed to be perfect. My single complaint is that it ended. I want more Cam and Andrew!

About the Author

Born November 25, 1975, J.A. (Jessica Ann) Redmerski is a New York Times, USA Today and Wall Street Journal bestselling author. She lives in North Little Rock, Arkansas with her three children and a Maltese. She is a lover of television and books that push boundaries and is a huge fan of AMC's The Walking Dead.

Blog Twitter Goodreads Facebook

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...