Sign up for our 2016 TBR Pile Reading Challenge and tackle your ever growing pile of books!

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (#35)



"Waiting On" is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

Here's what I'm waiting on this week:



The Gathering Dark by Christine Johnson

Hardcover, 224 pages
Expected publication:  February 12th 2013 by Simon Pulse
A mysterious teen boy knows the secrets of Keira’s dangerous hallucinations in this gripping romantic fantasy from the author of Claire de Lune.

Keira’s hallucinating. First it’s a door hovering above the road; then it’s a tree in her living room. But with her parents fighting and her best friend not speaking to her, Keira can’t tell anyone about her breakdown.

Until she meets Walker. They have an electric connection, and somehow he can see the same shadowy images plaguing Keira.

But trusting Walker may be more dangerous than Keira could have ever imagined. The more she confides in him, the more intense—and frightening—her visions become. Because Walker is not what he appears to be. And neither are her visions.
Sounds pretty intense and thrilling! I love books that are mysterious and a little bit darker than your typical YA, and this one promises quite a thrill ride, and a very emotional one at that! Eeek! Can't wait to read it!!!
And isn't the cover gorgeous?! :) WANT!!!

What are you waiting on this week? Leave a linky and I'll stop by!

10 comments:

E_V_E said...

Beautiful cover 8)

Danny said...

This sounds awesome and I am too very excited about this one.. Sounds like Faeries?

Samantha Stewart said...

OMG! I want to know what Walker is and what Keira's hallucinations mean! Adding this to my TBR right now! Hope you enjoy it when it's released :)

Check out my WoW: http://thesecretlifeofabookworm-x.blogspot.co.uk/2012/11/waiting-on-wednesday-3.html

Karina A. said...

I like the mystery of the book and the cover's lovely. Just added this to my TBR list.

Here's my Waiting on Wednesday
Karina @Couchpotatoreader

Book Whales said...

Very mysterious....After reading the summary, I want to know more about Walker! Great Pick :D

-Dannielle
http://bookwhales.blogspot.com/2012/11/waiting-on-wednesday-21.html

Jessie Marie said...

Can't get over that cover. And it sounds great. Completely vague (which I love) and a level of darkness that I can't get over. Mhmm. Great pick, Evie!

Jessie Marie @ The Daily Bookmark
My WoW/WWW

Amy said...

I love the sound of that! It has a great cover too. Awesome pick!

Emily @ Falling For YA said...

That cover is totally gorgeous! I actually just recently added this to my TBR list.

My WOW

Jennifer said...

I really really really want to read this! I requested an ARC but haven't heard anything, so I'm thinking no luck. Tear.

Hope you enjoy it!

My WOW

Jennifer
YA Sisterhood

Tiffany Mahaffy said...

I just stumbled upon this one the other day and though OOOoooo. lol It sounds promising and has a beautiful yet haunting cover. YAY!!
If you have a moment here is My Wow

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...