Sign up for our 2016 TBR Pile Reading Challenge and tackle your ever growing pile of books!

Thursday, November 29, 2012

2013 RELEASES I AM DYING TO READ! + Readers' picks



So 2013 is practically right around the corner, which basically means lots and lots of fantastic book releases! :) There are tons of books that I am super excited for and it would probably take forever to list them all here, so I present you with my personal TOP TEN 2013 Releases I Am DYING to read! :)

(narrowing it down to only 10 books was a real torture! Just saying!!!)





Star Cursed by Jessica Spotswood (Putnam Juvenile, June 18th 2013)  
With the Brotherhood persecuting witches like never before, a divided Sisterhood desperately needs Cate to come into her Prophesied powers. And after Cate's friend Sachi is arrested for using magic, a war-thirsty Sister offers to help her find answers—if Cate is willing to endanger everyone she loves.

Cate doesn't want to be a weapon, and she doesn't want to involve her friends and Finn in the Sisterhood's schemes. But when Maura and Tess join the Sisterhood, Maura makes it clear that she'll do whatever it takes to lead the witches to victory. Even if it means sacrifices. Even if it means overthrowing Cate. Even if it means all-out war.

In the highly anticipated sequel to Born Wicked, the Cahill Witch Chronicles continue Cate, Maura and Tess's quest to find love, protect family, and explore their magic against all odds in an alternate history of New England.
The second instalment in The Cahill Witch Chronicles is a book that I absolutely can't wait for! I LOVED Born Wicked. Everything about it - from the beautiful writing, fantastic characters, great plot line to gorgeously designed cover - was fabulous. 
If you're not familiar with this series, let me tell you one thing: you are missing out on something wonderful! It's one of the best - if not THE best - witch series EVER! :) 




Dualed by Elsie Chapman (Random House Books For Young Readers, February 26th 2013)  
You or your Alt? Only one will survive.

The city of Kersh is a safe haven, but the price of safety is high. Everyone has a genetic Alternate—a twin raised by another family—and citizens must prove their worth by eliminating their Alts before their twentieth birthday. Survival means advanced schooling, a good job, marriage—life.

Fifteen-year-old West Grayer has trained as a fighter, preparing for the day when her assignment arrives and she will have one month to hunt down and kill her Alt. But then a tragic misstep shakes West’s confidence. Stricken with grief and guilt, she’s no longer certain that she’s the best version of herself, the version worthy of a future. If she is to have any chance of winning, she must stop running not only from her Alt, but also from love . . . though both have the power to destroy her.

Elsie Chapman's suspenseful YA debut weaves unexpected romance into a novel full of fast-paced action and thought-provoking philosophy. When the story ends, discussions will begin about this future society where every adult is a murderer and every child knows there is another out there who just might be better
Dualed is Elsie Chapman's debut novel, and a fabulous one at that! It's an absolute MUST READ for fans of action, sci fi and dystopias. I've read and LOVED this book, and now can't wait for it to come out so I can run to the nearest book store and get myself a finished copy! It's definitely a book that I NEED to have on my bookshelf! :) 





Paper Valentine by Brenna Yovanoff (Razorbill, January 8th 2013)  
The city of Ludlow is gripped by the hottest July on record. The asphalt is melting, the birds are dying, petty crime is on the rise, and someone in Hannah Wagnor’s peaceful suburban community is killing girls.

For Hannah, the summer is a complicated one. Her best friend Lillian died six months ago, and Hannah just wants her life to go back to normal. But how can things be normal when Lillian’s ghost is haunting her bedroom, pushing her to investigate the mysterious string of murders? Hannah’s just trying to understand why her friend self-destructed, and where she fits now that Lillian isn’t there to save her a place among the social elite. And she must stop thinking about Finny Boone, the big, enigmatic delinquent whose main hobbies seem to include petty larceny and surprising acts of kindness.

With the entire city in a panic, Hannah soon finds herself drawn into a world of ghost girls and horrifying secrets. She realizes that only by confronting the Valentine Killer will she be able move on with her life—and it’s up to her to put together the pieces before he strikes again.

Paper Valentine is a hauntingly poetic tale of love and death by the New York Times bestselling author of The Replacement and The Space Between.
I so desperately WANT (NEED!!!) this one! I've requested it in every possible way (NG, Edelweiss, via email) but didn't have any luck (*sad face*). So now I'm counting the days to its release so I can finally get myself a copy and dive right into it!

I'm a huge fan of Brenna Yovanoff's writing style. Her prose is beautiful, lush, almost poetic! And it's dark, creepy, mesmerizing and addictive... The Space Between was absolutely phenomenal and I CAN'T WAIT to read PAPER VALENTINE!!! :)





Between The Devil and The Blue Sea by April Genevieve Tucholke (Dial, August 14th 2013)  
You stop fearing the devil when you’re holding his hand…

Nothing much exciting rolls through Violet White’s sleepy, seaside town…until River West comes along. River rents the guesthouse behind Violet’s crumbling estate, and as eerie, grim things start to happen, Violet begins to wonder about the boy living in her backyard. Is River just a crooked-smiling liar with pretty eyes and a mysterious past? Or could he be something more? Violet’s grandmother always warned her about the Devil, but she never said he could be a dark-haired boy who takes naps in the sun, who likes coffee, who kisses you in a cemetery...who makes you want to kiss back. Violet’s already so knee-deep in love, she can’t see straight. And that’s just how River likes it.

Blending faded decadence and the thrilling dread of gothic horror, April Genevieve Tucholke weaves a dreamy, twisting contemporary romance, as gorgeously told as it is terrifying—a debut to watch.
Another very exciting and promising debut!
This one had me at "thrilling dread of gothic horror". As I'm sure you already know, gothic novels are ones that I absolutely can't resist. I love dark settings, thrilling plot lines, danger, mysteries and romance. And all sprinkled with a pinch of supernatural. Oooooh! Can't wait to get my hands on this pretty!





Unravel Me by Tahereh Mafi (Harper Collins, February 5th 2013)  
tick
tick
tick
tick
tick

it's almost
time for war.

Juliette has escaped to Omega Point. It is a place for people like her—people with gifts—and it is also the headquarters of the rebel resistance.

She's finally free from The Reestablishment, free from their plan to use her as a weapon, and free to love Adam. But Juliette will never be free from her lethal touch.

Or from Warner, who wants Juliette more than she ever thought possible.

In this exhilarating sequel to Shatter Me, Juliette has to make life-changing decisions between what she wants and what she thinks is right. Decisions that might involve choosing between her heart—and Adam's life.
Now, that's not really a big surprise, right?! No 2013 book list is complete without Unravel Me! Do I even need to explain why I can't wait to read it? Didn't think so!
And have you read Destroy Me?! OMG! Can this series get any better?!





Shades of Earth by Beth Revis (Razorbill, January 15th 2013)  
The final book in the New York Times bestselling trilogy, perfect for fans of Battlestar Galactica and Prometheus!

Amy and Elder have finally left the oppressive walls of the spaceshipGodspeed behind. They're ready to start life afresh--to build a home--on Centauri-Earth, the planet that Amy has traveled 25 trillion miles across the universe to experience.

But this new Earth isn't the paradise Amy had been hoping for. There are giant pterodactyl-like birds, purple flowers with mind-numbing toxins, and mysterious, unexplained ruins that hold more secrets than their stone walls first let on. The biggest secret of all? Godspeed's former passengers aren't alone on this planet. And if they're going to stay, they'll have to fight.

Amy and Elder must race to discover who--or what--else is out there if they are to have any hope of saving their struggling colony and building a future together. They will have to look inward to the very core of what makes them human on this, their most harrowing journey yet. Because if the colony collapses? Then everything they have sacrificed--friends, family, life on Earth--will have been for nothing.

FUELED BY LIES.
RULED BY CHAOS.
ALMOST HOME.
Third and final book in the Across The Universe trilogy!
OMG! Am I excited or what?! I've had the pleasure of reading an advanced reader's copy of A Million Suns way before the book was released, and that was AWESOME, but in the end all it boils down to is: my wait time for the final book was (well, still is) twice as long! TORTURE! 

Across The Universe - next to Chaos Walking Trilogy - is definitely my favorite science fiction/adventure series! There's something about space travel and discovering new worlds that is just so freaking intriguing! And I can't even begin to imagine what will happen in book three, which makes me even more excited to find out! EEEK!






Rise by Andrea Cremer (Philomel, January 8th 2013)  
The sequel to Rift and the prequel to the New York Times bestselling novel Nightshade.

Everything Conatus stands for is at risk. Hoping to gather enough resistance to save their order, Ember and Barrow attempt a desperate escape. But fate offers little mercy. When their mission is exposed, the couple face relentless pursuit by the supernatural horrors that act on the commands of Eira’s ally: the mysterious Bosque Mar. A shocking revelation forces Ember out of hiding, sending her back into the heart of dark magic at Tearmunn keep, where she must convince her old friend Alistair of her love or face dire consequences. Ember’s deception offers the only chance for the resistance to succeed, but what she discovers in the shadows beneath the keep will shatter her world and bring about the Witches’ War.

Richly sensual and full of magic, action and danger, Andrea Cremer's fifth book set in the Nightshade world is an edge-of-your-seat page turner.
It's no secret that I adore Andrea Cremer's writing style. It's dynamic, engaging, thoroughly absorbing and just.. awesome! How she ended the Nightshade series, though.. that was just.. brutal. Having said that, the prequel series to the Nightshade trilogy is hands down the best thing that ever happened to me! (OK, slight exaggeration here, but you know what I mean!). I loved RIFT. It was way better than I expected and - and I'm not exaggerating now - it BLEW.ME.AWAY! 
Need.
Rise.
NOW.






The Goddess Inheritance by Aimee Carter (Harlequin Teen, February 26th 2013)  
Love or life.
Henry or their child.
The end of her family or the end of the world.
Kate must choose.

During nine months of captivity, Kate Winters has survived a jealous goddess, a vengeful Titan and a pregnancy she never asked for. Now the Queen of the Gods wants her unborn child, and Kate can't stop her--until Cronus offers a deal.

In exchange for her loyalty and devotion, the King of the Titans will spare humanity and let Kate keep her child. Yet even if Kate agrees, he'll destroy Henry, her mother and the rest of the council. And if she refuses, Cronus will tear the world apart until every last god and mortal is dead.

With the fate of everyone she loves resting on her shoulders, Kate must do the impossible: find a way to defeat the most powerful being in existence, even if it costs her everything.

Even if it costs her eternity.
Third instalment in the Goddess Test series!!! OMG!!!
I absolutely LOVE this series. It's fun, addictive, emotionally engaging and.. it has GREEK MYTHOLOGY! What else do you need, really?! :) The second book in the series, Goddess Interrupted, ended with a killer cliffhanger that left me gaping! And then Aimee treated us to, like, the best thing ever: The Goddess Legacy and suddenly I found myself even more in love with this series than I already was! I can't wait to find out what Kate will do next!!!











Zombies Don't Forgive by Rusty Fischer (Medallion Press, April 1st 2013)  
Following Barracuda Bay’s homecoming cum zombie Armageddon, fellow zombies Maddy, Dane, and Stamp have fled to Orlando where they work at a theme park, hiding in plain sight at their jobs in the Great Movie Monster Makeover show. The three spend most of their time together in their apartment trying to avoid curious Normals and Sentinels—humans and zombie cops. While Dane and Maddy draw closer, Stamp drifts away, falling for a mysterious blonde. But when the mysterious girl puts their existence in danger, all Maddy cares about is hunting the blonde down to separate her from her head.
Holy EPICNESS, the sequel to Zombies Don't Cry is coming out in April!!! First of all: HELL YEAH!!! Second: WHY NOT EARLIER?!
Seriously. Rusty Fischer is the lord of epicness and his books are just FA-REAKING-AWESOME! 
April can't come fast enough!!! <3







The Murmurings by Carly Anne West (Simon Pulse, March 5th 2013)  
A teen girl starts hearing the same voices that drove her sister to commit suicide in this creepy, suspenseful novel.

Everyone thinks Sophie’s sister, Nell, went crazy. After all, she heard strange voices that drove her to commit suicide. But Sophie doesn’t believe that Nell would take her own life, and she’s convinced that Nell’s doctor knows more than he’s letting on.

As Sophie starts to piece together Nell’s last days, every lead ends in a web of lies. And the deeper Sophie digs, the more danger she’s in—because now she’s hearing the same haunting whispers. Sophie’s starting to think she’s going crazy too. Or worse, that maybe she’s not…
.
Gorgeous cover + bone-chilling premise - could I possibly ask for more?
Haunting whispers? OMG, yes please! I love books that screw with your head. I love being scared, disturbed, freaked out and emotionally drained. Bring it on! :D

Other Books I absolutely can't wait for!!!







Plus some that don't have covers yet! :)

- The third instalment in Ada Adam's Angel Creek Chronicles 
- The fourth instalment in MR Merrick's The Protector series.
Untold (The Lynburn Legacy #2) by Sarah Rees Brennan
The Retribution of Mara Dyer (Mara Dyer #3) by Michelle Hodkin
Antigoddess (Antigoddess #1) by Kendare Blake
- The Coldest Girl in Town by Holly Black
- The Inventor's Secret by Andrea Cremer
- Second book in The Diviners series by Libba Bray
- Goldfish by Kody Keplinger
-   All The Rage by Courtney Summers
- Sweet Nothings by Sarah Beth Durst
- The sequel to Watched by Sharde Richardson

- The sequel to BETA by Rachel Cohn


I also asked my fabulous Twitter followers which 2013 releases are they most excited for. Here's what they said: 










Thanks to everyone who tweeted their picks! You are all AWESOME and I <3 you!!! :)

Phew!!!! That was CRAZY! I'm pretty sure I didn't cover even 10% of all the awesomeness that is coming up in 2013! Brace yourself people, next year will be EPIC! :)

OH NO! What's that?! Requiem by Lauren Oliver is not on the list?! Neither is the third instalment in the Divergent series?! Don't panic! It's not that I'm not excited for these, I just haven't read any of the books in these series yet! BUT HEY! I have big plans to catch up in 2013! :)

What are you the most excited for?! Did I miss anything awesome!? Do let me know in the comments below! :)









16 comments:

Nereyda @Mostly YA Book Obsessed said...

Ummmm, so many good books that I don't even remember! It was like a total book overload, almost fried my brain :)
Almost all of those are on my list too!
I try to pick my favorite and I can't.
I can't do it!

alice-jane said...

Oh wow! I see my tweet! :) There are so many good books coming out in 2013. Also, I'm excited for the latest Stephanie Perkins novel.

Rebecca said...

SO many 2013 releases and this list is only a handful of them. Star Cursed - sqee! I'm SO excited for it, I can't wait to get my grabby hands on a copy! I've yet to read Catching Jordan or Cinder but I'm looking forward to reading them and the rest in the series/companions. Shadow Lands, Invisibility, The Program, Just One Day, If You Find Me and Ink are also high on my to-read list. It looks like were anticipating most of the same titles :D

Nana said...

Just One Day by Gayle Forman, Things I Can't Forget by Miranda Kenneally, The Moon and More by Sarah Dessen, and Star Crossed by Jennifer Echols.

Adriana NaNa said...

I love your picks! We all will have to pace ourself for the greatness of the 2013 releases.

Thanks for mentioning me in your blog. So excited to see my name on my fav blog ;D

Henrietta @ Leisure Reads said...

Star Cursed, definitely!! And also Shades of Earth. Thanks for sharing all these awesome titles :)

Kit Grindstaff said...

Several of these are on my list but I hadn't heard of The Murmerings. Sounds right up my creep-alley! I'm also excited for The Caged Graves by Dianne Salerno, Leigh Bardugo's followup to Shadow and Bone, and Stefan Bachmann's to the fabulous The Peculiar.

Kelly said...

I haven't seen some of these. Your enthusiasm had me putting most of these on my tbr list. Thanks!

Amy said...

2013 has so many amazing books to look forward to!! I am so pining for most of the ones you have listed.

Dorine White said...

wow, all those sequels. I can't wait. Some of them I didn't even know were coming out.

Lyra said...

I'm bookmarking this post - so many great reads!

Sharon ObsessionwithBooks said...

Wow! There are so many amazing books coming out.

I have most on my TBR list but need to add so many more I hadn't yet heard of.

A fantastic post Evie <3 thank-you so much for sharing.

roro said...

if i thought 2012 was hard to choose from 2013 will be torture

Leanne Yang said...

I AGREE WITH LIKE 50% OF THIS. And then the rest are just things I probably SERIOUSLY have to check out!!!

Demitria said...

Thank you so much for having my book on you list...you made my day :)

Molli @ Once Upon a Prologue said...

UNRAVEL ME. I finished my copy a few days ago and I ALREADY want to re-read it. I cannot WAIT to get my hands on a finished copy.

And GAH. I'm waiting for SO MANY of your choices. Dark Triumph, DEVIL. I JUST. I CAN'T. 2013 is the year of AMAZING debuts. I can already tell.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...