Sign up for our 2016 TBR Pile Reading Challenge and tackle your ever growing pile of books!

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (#34)



"Waiting On" is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

Here's what I'm waiting on this week:



The Haven by Carol Lynch Williams

Hardcover, 224 pages
Expected publication:  April 16th 2013 by St. Martin's Griffin
For the teens at The Haven, the outside world, just beyond the towering stone wall that surrounds the premises, is a dangerous unknown. It has always been this way, ever since the hospital was established in the year 2020. But The Haven is more than just a hospital; it is their home. It is all they know. Everything is strictly monitored: education, exercise, food, and rest. The rules must be followed to keep the children healthy, to help control the Disease that has cast them as Terminals, the Disease that claims limbs and lungs—and memories.


But Shiloh is different; she remembers everything. Gideon is different, too. He dreams of a cure, of rebellion against the status quo. What if everything they’ve been told is a lie? What if The Haven is not the safe place it claims to be? And what will happen if Shiloh starts asking dangerous questions?
Dystopia by Carol Lynch Williams? YES PLEASE!!! Where do I sign up?! I am a huge fan of Carol Lynch Williams and her books (Waiting blew my mind to pieces and left me weeping!), and I will run out and buy just about anything she'll write. Even if she decides to publish her shopping lists. She's seriously THAT good!

Can't wait for this book! So freaking excited for it!!

What are you waiting on this week? Leave a linky and I'll stop by!

11 comments:

Danny said...

I haven't read any of her books before and even though I'm not super excited about Dystopians lately, this one somehow intrigues me!

Kathy said...

This sounds great! I haven't read any of her books, but I am intrigued for sure.

Daniƫlle said...

Sounds great! I think I am going to give it a try if it comes out :)

Amy said...

I am really looking forward to this one too. It sounds awesome! Great pick.

Gina @ My Precious said...

This sounds unbelievable. I want to read it now! Thanks for the introduction. This is the first I've heard of this one. Great pick. I love dystopian books.

Anna @ Literary Exploration said...

Ohhhhh this sounds like it'll be a great read!! I will definitely have to check it out, thanks for sharing!

Anna
Literary Exploration

Andrea @The Bookish Babes said...

Great pick! It's funny b/c I just discovered the author this morning w/a review for Waiting. I'll definitely keep an eye out. Thanks for sharing!

Tiffany Mahaffy said...

Hmmm... Shopping lists eh... Could be interesting :D All that aside this book sounds like it's going to be awesome!! Sad to say I still haven't gotten Waiting but I will totally take your word for how amazing this author is!
Here's My WoW

Lauren said...

This sounds awesome! I haven't read any of her books yet so I'm going to start with this one-seems like an great choice. Thanks for sharing!

My WoW

Addie R. said...

A dystopian by Carol Lynch does sound awesome! xD I read and loved Waiting too and I'm excited to read The Haven.
Great pick!

My WoW

Eric Wyant Eric said...

every thing is fantastic in fact Carol Lynch Williams is a four-time winner of the Utah Original Writing Competition and Winner of Nebraska's Golden Sower Award. She grew up in the heart of Florida's "Vacationland," Orlando, and went on to publish more than 16 titles.
ebook secrets exposed

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...