Sign up for our 2016 TBR Pile Reading Challenge and tackle your ever growing pile of books!

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Waiting On Wednesday (#32)



"Waiting On" is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

Here's what I'm waiting on this week:



The Beautiful And The Cursed by Page Morgan

Hardcover, 400 pages
Expected publication:  May 14th 2013 by Delacorte Press
Fans of Cassandra Clare's Mortal Instruments series and Libba Bray's Gemma Doyle trilogy will devour The Beautiful and the Cursed, a wholly original interpretation of gargoyle lore.

It was bizarre and inexplicable, but after it happened no one spoke of it and Ingrid Waverly was forced to leave her life in London behind. She had to trade a world full of fancy dresses and society events for Paris with her mother and younger sister, Gabby.

In Paris there are no grand balls or glittering parties, and, disturbingly, the house her twin brother Grayson found for them isn't a house at all. It's an abbey. A creepy, old abbey with a roof lined in stone gargoyles that one could almost mistake for living, breathing creatures.

And Grayson is missing.

Yet no one seems to be concerned about Grayson's whereabouts save for Luc, a devastatingly handsome servant who has some secrets of his own.
There's one secret about the city that he can't keep hidden, though. There's a murderer on the loose. And every day Grayson is missing means that there's less of a chance he's alive.

Ingrid is sure her twin isn't dead--she can feel it deep in her soul--but she knows he's in grave danger, and that it's up to her and Gabby to find him before all hope is lost.

Only the path to him is twisted—and more deadly than she could ever imagine.
Um, gargoyle lore?! OMG, YES, please!!! I don't think I've ever read a book exploring this subject, but I'm definitely interested in learning more! Plus, it sounds deliciously gothic and dark, and you know me, I'm all about dark and gothic~! Add to that a mysterious disappearance and a murder on the loose and I'm all giddy with excitement!

Also, you can't throw around names like Libba Bray and Cassandra Clare and NOT have me drooling!
Can't flipping wait for this book to come out~!!!

What are you waiting on this week? Leave a linky and I'll stop by!

13 comments:

Nikki H said...

This is actually my pick of the week as well! Gret pick!

My WoW

Deea said...

Wow, this story sounds so beautiful and original! I don't think I've read something about gargoyles before either. And that cover! OMG it's stunning!
Great pick!:)

bookworm105 said...

I love the cover and the sound of it. It had me when i read that it's perfect of The Mortal Instrumental fans. Great pick! :)

Check out my WoW.

Sangita @ Whisper of Reads.

Hannah said...

I've been seeing this one around! It looks great! Love the cover. Great pick!
Stop by MY WOW?
<3 Inky@ Book Haven Extraordinaire

Nereyda @Mostly YA Book Obsessed said...

This was one of my picks this week too! Looks freaking AMAZING! Can't wait. And the cover? Gorgeous!

Kristin@BloodSweatandBooks said...

ooo Gargoyle lore that is certainly something you don't see much of. Gonna have to add this to the TBR

My WoW

Sharon ObsessionwithBooks said...

A nice pick Evie! I hadn't heard of this book before now so thank-you for sharing :)

My WoW

Amy said...

That looks so good, and the cover is so gorgeous!!

John said...

This is really worth reading, it has too much details in it and yet it is so simple to understand

Online GED Diploma

Tiffany Mahaffy said...

Dude! Why am I just seeing this?! Looks amazing, sounds amazing and I am super excited!! Great pick <3

Dazzling Mage said...

YES to Gargoyle lore! I don't think there are enough of it out there.

Renu said...

Why have I not come across this before?! Sounds AMAZING. Love the cover! Thanks for bringing it to my attention. <3

Lucilyn labajo said...

GED was originally developed for servicemen who entered the military before graduating their high school. It was made available for all qualified individuals in the succeeding years. The questions on the tests were created to evaluate the knowledge of the test-takers. The exam is divided into 5 topics, which include Language Art: Writing, Social Studies, Science, Language Art: Reading and Mathematics.

ged free practice test printable

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...