Sign up for our 2016 TBR Pile Reading Challenge and tackle your ever growing pile of books!

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Waiting On Wednesday (#31)



"Waiting On" is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

Here's what I'm waiting on this week:



The Archived by Victoria Schwab

Hardcover, 336 pages
Expected publication: January 22nd 2013 by Hyperion
Imagine a place where the dead rest on shelves like books.
Each body has a story to tell, a life seen in pictures that only Librarians can read. The dead are called Histories, and the vast realm in which they rest is the Archive. Da first brought Mackenzie Bishop here four years ago, when she was twelve years old, frightened but determined to prove herself. Now Da is dead, and Mac has grown into what he once was: a ruthless Keeper, tasked with stopping often-violent Histories from waking up and getting out. Because of her job, she lies to the people she loves, and she knows fear for what it is: a useful tool for staying alive.
Being a Keeper isn't just dangerous--it's a constant reminder of those Mac has lost. Da's death was hard enough, but now that her little brother is gone too, Mac starts to wonder about the boundary between living and dying, sleeping and waking. In the Archive, the dead must never be disturbed. And yet, someone is deliberately altering Histories, erasing essential chapters. Unless Mac can piece together what remains, the Archive itself might crumble and fall.
In this haunting, richly imagined novel, Victoria Schwab reveals the thin lines between past and present, love and pain, trust and deceit, unbearable loss and hardwon redemption.
I'm extremely excited to start this book! Just got it in the mail this week and let me just tell you something: this cover looks even better in person! LIKE totally AWESOME!!! And it's Victoria Schwab.. everyone who had the pleasure of reading The Near Witch knows just how fabulous a writer she is!

What are you waiting on this week? Leave a linky and I'll stop by!

16 comments:

kelseysclutteredbookshelf said...

Added it to my wishlist on Goodreads! That sounds so awesome, definitely something I want to read!

Sandra @ Waiting For Wentworth said...

This sounds very interesting. I have not read anything by Victoria Schwab before so I'll have to check it out. Thanks for sharing.
Waiting For Wentworth

Kathy said...

The Archived looks amazing and I can't wait to get a copy and read it. It really does sound like it'll be a fantastic read. So excited to see what you think of it!

Anna @ Literary Exploration said...

I'm really looking forward to this one as well!!! It looks like it's going to be AMAZING!!! Awesome choice :)

Anna
Literary Exploration

Jenea Whittington said...

The Near Witch was great. This sounds fantastic, and I can't wait for it either, but the wait is torture.. Great pick. Thank you for stopping by my WoW..

Jenea @ Books Live Forever

Sarahbotbonkers said...

I've read a few chapters of The Archived and it's so awesome I cried. True story. I am dying to get my hands on this one! :)

Care to stop by my WoW? :)

Danny said...

*hangs head in shame* I haven't read The Near Witch - but this one sounds so awesome! I'm a little sad Disney hates Blogger who love eARCS since they are not approving anyone on NetGalley ;( Need to wait until it comes out!

veschwab said...

Thanks so much, Evie! And Danny, I worked with my publisher and arranged for a 100-pg sample to go up on Netgalley AUTO-APPROVED, so anyone can read it! The whole MS isn't up, but it's better (to some) than nothing!

Best,
Victoria

fakesteph said...

I've heard amazing things about this and I'm so excited to read it!!!!!!!!

Mel - Thedailyprophecy. said...

This book sounds delicious! :D One you start and can't put away.

Visit my WoW.

Amy said...

I'm really looking forward to this book too!! It sounds awesome!!

Tiffany Mahaffy said...

I really hope that you are loving this!! It looks and sounds like it is going to be an awesome read!!
If you have a moment here is My WoW

May-Day_Aura said...

I want to read this book so much! I discovered it a week or so ago on goodreads.com (it was in my recommendations) and now it keeps popping up on various blogs. I keep hearing about it and I cannot wait to read it!

Ciara (Lost at Midnight) said...

Great pick! I adore this cover and the concept sounds fantastic! I hope you enjoy it!

Sierra Abrams said...

Evie! Great pick! I definitely enjoyed this book...although, I must admit, sometimes it felt like "just another dystopian"... But besides that, it really was a good read and I hope you enjoy it a ton! :D

Thanks for the stops on my blog! ;)

Sierra @ Yearning to Read

Sharon ObsessionwithBooks said...

A wonderful pick Evie! I loved the Netgalley sneak peek, it was amazing so I am definitely eager to get hold of this book.

Happy reading xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...