Sign up for our 2016 TBR Pile Reading Challenge and tackle your ever growing pile of books!

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Signed, Sealed, Delivered / Book Haul Video (#36) 8/20/2012

Sooo...

Here's my first mailbox video. Please do not hate me for the length of it. I tried really hard to make it short. Really, I did. It was originally 50-something minutes (I KNOW!!!). So the 20 minutes it ended up being really isn't all that bad :)
Also, please be merciful ;) It's my first video.. like.. EVER ;)

At one point I got so excited, I even got the name of one book wrong. Sorry about that! It's actually Unfailing Light not Gathering Light (duh!).

Anyhoo..
Here it is, please let me know your thoughts!


Books mentioned in this video:

The Unfailing Light by Robin Bridges
Dualed by Elsie Chapman
Stormdancer by Jay Kristoff
Who I Kissed by Janet Gurtler
Shadow Society by Marie Rutkowski
Outpost by Anne Aguirre
Eve and Adam by Michael Grant and Katherine Applegate
Pigeon Pie Mystery by Julia Stuart
The Blondes by Emily Shultz
Entice by Jessica Shirvington
League of Strays by L.B. Schulman
The Marbury Lens by Andrew Smith
Passenger by Andrew Smith
The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry by Rachel Joyce
Girl of Nightmares by Kendare Blake
Y by Marjorie Celona
Wake of The Bloody Angel by Alex Bledsoe
77 Shadow Street by Dean Koontz
Seconds Away by Harlan Coben
Obsidian Mirror by Catherine Fisher
Uncommon Criminals by Ally Carter
Witch In Love by Ruth Warburton
Graffiti Moon by Cath Crowley
Sapphire Blue by Kerstin Gier
Pushing The Limits by Katie McGarry
Rift by Andrea Cremer
Kitty Steals The Show by Carrie Vaughn
All These Things I've Done by Gabrielle Zevin
Steel by Carrie Vaughn
Red Heart Tattoo by Lurlene McDaniel
The Dark Unwinding by Sharon Cameron

Awesome people mentioned in this vlog!
Emily from Doodle's Book Blog
Wendy
Christa from Hooked on Books
Sarah from Geek Girl's Book Blog
Amy from Book Loving Mom

17 comments:

Sharon ObsessionwithBooks said...

Sooo many AMAZING books Evie, I can't wait to get hold of many of them - Dualed, Outpost, Eve & Adam and Entice in particular.

Graffiti Moon, PtL and Stormdancer are brilliant!

I didn't get to watch all of your Vlog (school pick-up time) but I adore your accent!

Lea said...

Evie- If it's possible I love you even more! Please say you're going to keep doing YT vids because you effing rock! :) So jealous you got Stormdancer!

And OMG I cannot wait to get together! Are you in Buffalo now? Because dude I am so taking you out to the Chocolate Bar for chocolate martinis and we can talk books and shit and it'll be awesome :D

Love ya!

Lea @ LC's Adventures in Libraryland

Doodle said...

I can finally put a voice to the emails!! <33 And you call me adorable! You're one to talk. :) How long till December?? It can't come quick enough.

You will LOVE Pushing the Limits. It was wonderful and I fell in love with Echo and Noah.

I love you too!! I just happened to find the mug, I have no idea how, but it happened and I had to get it for you. So glad you loved your birthday present!!

Wonderful video!!
<33 Em

Chapter by Chapter said...

Awww! Awesome first vlog post! You are such a sweetie. It was great to see how excited you are about the books you got. And you got so many fantastic books!! I hope you had an easy move, and that you enjoy your new home in the US. Don't forget about us Canadians ;) Can't wait to see your next vlog post! Have an awesome birthday chicky! <3

MaryAnn
Chapter by Chapter

Chey said...

Evie, you are adorable. Keep doing more videos, because you make me smile. :)

Alaiel Kreuz said...

OMG! Now I can put a voice to your wonderful tweets and conversations! You sound so adorable!!! I say keep the vlogs coming, I <3 this one and I'm sure I'm going to love the next ones too ;)

And so many great books!!! Jealousy to the extreme, hahahaha. Enjoy them and I can't wait to read your reviews :D

A thousand hugs ^^

Jessie Marie said...

1. You're freaking adorable. Definitely keep the vlogs coming - even if this one had been 50 minutes long, I would have watched it all.

2. I am uber jealous of all the awesomeness that hit your mailbox recently. Stormdancer. Dualed. Eve and Adam. Girl of Nightmares. Ugh! I hope you enjoy every page of every one of them. : ) And I'm definitely going to check out Wake of the Bloody Angel and the rest of the series.

Kristilyn (Reading In Winter) said...

So many great books, Evie! I got a copy of Girl of Nightmares, too ... can't wait to read it! Pushing the Limits was great -- and such a beautiful hardcover!

I've heard lots about Harlan Coben, but have never read anything by him. And Stormdancer! I've heard awesome things about it -- maybe I should add it to my wishlist!

I'm planning to read Witch in Winter by Ruth Warburton soon .... it looks great!

Natalia Belikov @ Dazzling Reads said...

My dear!!!
WOnderful videO! and SO many awesome books kyaa! happy reading ^____^
I LOVE your blog mug! totally cute =9
enjoy all of your pretties my dear!! <3333333

Happy reading ^.^

Molli @ Once Upon a Prologue said...

EVIE! *hugs* How much do I ADORE your accent? Definitely keep doing vlogs! :)

You got loads of awesome books. I'm super jealous of RIFT! Enjoy ALL your new books, chickadee!

roro said...

rocking your 1st vlog. enjoyyyyyyy alll

Giselle from Book Nerd said...

Aww Evie, cute vlog! I really enjoyed watching it. Sweet of Wendy to do that <3

Those Good Reads people can be trolls. Not all, but some. And they end up ruining it for everyone.

Dualed was a great read! I loved it! I'm definitely gonna try reading A League of Strays..Even if there's a lot of negative hype around a book, I'll read it anyway and form my own opinon. You got some awesome books for review! Whoo I can't wait for your reviews on them all. Especially Stormdancer. I'm reading it now :P

Marmaladelibby (aka Ange) said...

YAY Evie! A vlog! How fun! We love doing ours and we have a terrible time keeping it short too. Ours are almost always 10-15 minutes long no matter how much I cut from what we tape. Oops! Oh well!
I got Unfailing Light too and it was SOOO good! Loved it! Shadow Society, Eve & Adam and Dark Unwinding are all ones I can't wait for! Rachel is dying for Sapphire Blue! Happy reading.
Our Week in Books @Libby Blog

Kathy said...

You are adorable! Hehe. Keep doing these videos! You have some amazing novels and I can't wait to read your reviews!

Silverlight said...

Great vlog, Evie! You have me wicked excited to read Embrace and Entice, now! Enjoy, all your goodies!!

Amy said...

Awesome books!! Your first vlog was great!! You should totally keep doing them.

Daria Nowak said...

Ewo. Kochana - tyle fajnych książek do czytania :) Wiem, że na kilka czekałaś. Naprawdę Ci zazdroszczę. Mam nadzieję, że kiedyś chociaż kilka z nich będzie można kupić i przeczytać u nas. Pozdrawiam Cię serdecznie. D.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...