Sign up for our 2016 TBR Pile Reading Challenge and tackle your ever growing pile of books!

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Waiting On Wednesday (#30)



"Waiting On" is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.





Here's what I'm waiting on this week:



Yesterday by C.K. Kelly Martin

Hardcover, 368 pages
Expected publication: September 25th 2012  by Random House 
THEN: The formation of the UNA, the high threat of eco-terrorism, the mammoth rates of unemployment and subsequent escape into a world of virtual reality are things any student can read about in their 21st century textbooks and part of the normal background noise to Freya Kallas’s life. Until that world starts to crumble.

NOW: It’s 1985. Freya Kallas has just moved across the world and into a new life. On the outside, she fits in at her new high school, but Freya feels nothing but removed. Her mother blames it on the grief over her father’s death, but how does that explain the headaches and why do her memories feel so foggy?

When Freya lays eyes on Garren Lowe, she can’t get him out of her head. She’s sure that she knows him, despite his insistence that they’ve never met. As Freya follows her instincts and pushes towards hidden truths, the two of them unveil a strange and dangerous world where their days may be numbered.

Unsure who to trust, Freya and Garren go on the run from powerful forces determined to tear them apart and keep them from discovering the truth about their shared pasts (and futures), her visions, and the time and place they really came from.
Now, if you know me, you know that I'm a sucker for anything SF or dystopian - and this one here sounds pretty interesting, don't you think? It seems like a pretty intelligent read, too - well, at least the complex premise sounds intelligent - so I really have my hopes high for this one! :)

Lucky for me, I'll be on the Canadian blog tour for this exciting release - I can't wait! Be sure to stop by (probably) sometime in September!

What's your WOW this week? Leave me a linky, I'll drop by!

10 comments:

Tanja - Tanychy said...

My friends also can't wait to read this book! :) I'll maybe check it out! :)

chelleyreads said...

Cool pick! I hadn't heard of this one before but thanks for introducing it to me. I'll have to keep an eye out for it.

Happy reading : )
-Leslie

Lenore Appelhans said...

I absolutely adored YESTERDAY - it has everything I love in a book :)

Tiffany Mahaffy said...

Sounds absolutely captivating!! I will have to keep an eye out for your stop on the tour and add it to GR for sure!! I really love the cover too.
Here's MY WoW

Krazzyme(Young Readers) said...

This looks interesting :)

Krazyyme @ Young Readers

Kathy said...

I am excited to read your review. I am on the fence with this one and if you love it, I am going to have to add it to my "TBR" list. It sounds very intriguing (and smart, you're right).

Amy said...

I am super excited for this book too. I was lucky enough to be approved for it on NetGalley and can't wait to read it. This cover is to die for too and I am looking forward to buying a pretty finished copy!!

Lisa Nguyen said...

Great pick! I need to read this book very soon. Can't wait :)

Waiting on Wednesday

Lisa @ Shatterbooks

July To Be Read Pile: Help Me? Vote here!

Marmaladelibby (aka Ange) said...

This sounds AWESOME! Great share! Here's our Waiting on Wednesday at Libby Blog. Happy reading!

Valerie StuckInBooks said...

Haven't seen this one before. Looks good.

Here's my version of WoW

Valerie
StuckInBooks

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...